Ernesto C

Pray for AMANDA Please

yup, I'm another Johnny came late. Sorry I missed the original post. Glad to hear you're felling better. Take it easy, relax and you'll be right as rain in no time flat.

B

Glad you're feeling better!

Hope your back on your feet soon, but don't rush it. Enjoy your time off and have a complete recovery. (I hear Chalo's downsized their portions so your good to eat there) That's both good and bad though! :huh: :P

Prayers for a fast recovery and no pain. Thanks for making CouesWhitetail.com! Your awesome! I hope you get the surgery done safely and with no pain!

thanks everyone. I actually ended up going to the emergency room last night because I have a bunch of swelling in my hips, abdomen and all the way down my legs. I thought it was strange and called the ER about it and they said it could be a blood clot and to come in. Turns out it's pretty normal for post surgery because they flushed a lot of fluids in my abdominal cavity. It would be nice if they mentioned that as something to expect after surgery, but hey at least I got to find out it was "normal". I feel like I am turning into Elephant woman....apparently my body will somehow absorb those fluids back into my system for elimination. Weird!

Amanda,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon!

Amanda, Sorry I did'nt see this earlier...I have been busy at work. I am glad to hear that all is going well...I will keep you in my prayers till you are good to go.

I called the surgeon this morning just to fill her in on the swelling I am having and that I went to the ER last night. She wanted me to immediately come in and get an ultrasound to check for blood clots (which can be fatal). So I went back there again and had the test. They found no clots. But I still am all swollen in my abdomen and legs and even some in my feet. Weird!

They gave me some stronger pain meds since the other wasn't doing much for me. So pray that I don't become some drug addicted person after taking all this medicine. One of the side effects listed is "may cause abnormal drug-seeking behavior"....yuck.

The surgeon thinks I am healing well, but she was just a little concerned about the swelling. Lets see..I got to the hospital on Saturday morning, stayed overnight and had the surgery on Sunday morning, then ended up in the ER on Monday night, then again over there on Tues afternoon.....thank god we have a good hospital close to us! They really have been very nice, compassionate and professional there.

Amanda

I called the surgeon this morning just to fill her in on the swelling I am having and that I went to the ER last night. She wanted me to immediately come in and get an ultrasound to check for blood clots (which can be fatal). So I went back there again and had the test. They found no clots. But I still am all swollen in my abdomen and legs and even some in my feet. Weird!

They gave me some stronger pain meds since the other wasn't doing much for me. So pray that I don't become some drug addicted person after taking all this medicine. One of the side effects listed is "may cause abnormal drug-seeking behavior"....yuck.

The surgeon thinks I am healing well, but she was just a little concerned about the swelling. Lets see..I got to the hospital on Saturday morning, stayed overnight and had the surgery on Sunday morning, then ended up in the ER on Monday night, then again over there on Tues afternoon.....thank god we have a good hospital close to us! They really have been very nice, compassionate and professional there.

Amanda

I just had Peg read this and we hope everything is going to be ok. Believe me when I say I feel your pain. It's going to get better and we wish you a faster recovery than you're having. Thoughts and prayers until you recover.

Tj & PJ

Here are some pics of part of one of the gall stones that was in me....wow, I am guessing it represents 2/3 or half of the stone.

I can't believe these things were in me! They tell me the stones are usually made of cholesterol (and that it does not correlate with the cholesterol level in your blood).

post-1-1281548546.jpg

post-1-1281548552.jpg

the bottom pic shows the jagged side of where it was broken.

post-1-1281548559.jpg

OWWWW!!! Wow very impressive stones :blink: Glad they are out of ya!