Sign in to follow this  
cvw789

My Nephew's First Buck

Awesome buck

I used to work at Sportsmans Warehouse in Tucson and used to always see pictures of big stuff the gal in the picture used to shoot. Always thought she was a dream woman, but knew she was married!

Gotta find me one like her!

Thanks everyone. My buddy and I glassed this buck up about three weeks earlier while I was scouting for my Oct hunt. When my brother couldn't find anything for him we took him back into this area and were lucky to find him again bedded down. I stayed on the glasses while his Mom and Dad got him within 250yds got him set up just waited for him to get up. We had some fantastic cattle that wanted to make their presence know and almost ruined the hunt, fortunately I was able to keep an eye on them as they moved and Blake was able to follow them into the next canyon and get a little closer at 230yds. Waited them out for another couple hours till they started feeding he was able to get a great broad side shot and take down his first deer. What we thought was going to be a quick stalk ended up taking all day but it was well worth the wait.

Wow, great job. Its always nice to have the family there to see the hunt unfold.....

-Ryan