Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

hunters shot at in 36B

I love hunting and everything, but it just doesnt seem worth it!! I dont care how awesome of an area it is!!

three of us hunted in 36b on the early rifle hunt. saw no illegal immigrants. we all carry a remington senderos good to over 1000 yards. NO ONE would shoot over our heads. i did not feel threatened. saw a lot of border patrol though. 2 out of three got a buck. coues are a fairly small and challenging target.

I've hunted down there with friends and family the last 3 years and it is scary as heck. No one should ever hunt that unit. besides there are no deer there. :ph34r:

WadeNAZ is right people!! We should just pack up and head north and let the cartels have southern Arizona, New Mexico and Texas! (They truly can have California though!) How dare we fight for what is ours after others gave their life so that we could become the United States of America! Run Forrest run..... <_<

I've hunted down there with friends and family the last 3 years and it is scary as heck. No one should ever hunt that unit. besides there are no deer there. :ph34r:

+1 :lol: :lol:

+1 :lol: :lol:

+2

They searched the ridge and did not recover any empty shells??

I have been shot at a couple of times... Usually hunters that don't follow the rule "Know of your target AND BEYOND!

One was a instance where someone decided to let loose into the desert at night as we were hiking back out. Scary hearing the bullet wizz by....

Not to start a conflict or anything... But a few years ago along the border a rancher purposely shot over some hunters heads while hunting, and held them at gun point!!!! :angry: funny thing is the hunters were not even hunting on the mans property, they happened to be on Forest Land :blink: .. As you would know it the hunters happened to be hispanic. The rancher was just a racist SOB and tried to make a point :angry: .. They then took the case to court and the rancher was sued a $Hi% load of money :P ... it might be a similiar case and maybe it was a rancher who purposely did this? I know this was most likely not an illegal because the evidence was not there. Whom ever did this definitely did it purposely and knew what they were doing?

wouldnt be suprised if it was some drug runners i know two guys who on different occasions have seen and one held at gun point by mexicans in full tactical while a train of 30+ others walked buy packing bails. i wouldnt be supprised if they shot to ether scare or kill them to eleminate the risk of the shipment being caught.

I just figured out WadeNAZ folks! He is pulling the old reverse psychology on us rednecks and suggesting we never hunt down there and "there are no deer there anyways" so's he can create his own honey hole or maybe open his own drug store off ElkHorn Ranch Road maybe! :rolleyes: :o :lol: :D :unsure: ;)