COOSEFAN

The Land Of Giants....

Hey guys, I was curious to see who's all going to Mexico this season? How many of you usually go but have decided not to go this year or anymore because of the problems down there?

I'm headin' down for my first trip tomorrow and I'm so excited I can't sleep at night! I've been getting scouting reports from my ranchers and the buck I missed last Jan., named "Amigo" which is close to or just over 130", has been seen several times very recently as well as 2 others that have been said to be similar in size!!! I've got some serious issues deep inside me about that missed shot and we are gonna work hard to make sure I at least get to put my hands on that buck! I doubt I'll be the one to kill it because I'm only carrying my bow but we'll see what happens, my rifle will be there and I've been known to get excited and throw lead when I shouldn't....and known to NOT throw lead when I SHOULD! My story from last Jan. explains all that :(

Here's a couple bucks most of you have already seen, but this is the reason for my lack of sleep recently ;)

Mexico20102214.jpg

Mexico20102222.jpg

Mexico20102128.jpg

Mexico20102167.jpg

AND.... I hope this never happens again, but he's a cool buck regardless, you should've seen what this Javalina sized midget looked like on the hoof!

mexico2010045.jpg

Lastly, this is where I'll be sitting on Friday morning and if this dude walks out he's gettin' shafted! (date is wrong, and was actually late Jan '10)

Mexico20102127.jpg

I can see why you are not sleeping....those bucks are huge!!! Go get him Jim...and if he is out of bow range just grab the rifle and start throwing lead ;)

Jim- looking forward to your report when you get back, I sure hope everything goes your way 110% this year in mexico! Best of luck and as always take pictures.

Good luck to you!! I am also still going. We will be going the end of January and hopefully can find a good one or two. Since I am in law enforcement I figure I can get killed anytime on the job or running an errand to the grocery store for my wife so I am going and hopefully will have no bad contact south of the border. Again good luck!

WOW looks like you will have a great time. good luck on your journey for the bigun.

Good luck Jim! Stay with the bow and stick him... you can do it!!!!

I'm going and I can not wait. My last day buck, last year. I wanted something with extras, and passed to many bucks. Not this year though HAHA

Mexicoandgun099.jpg

I have gone down for the last 4 years. Not so sure about this year. I'm getting a bit paranoid about that first 40 miles or so.

EBB

I hope you have a great time, Jim. Best of luck to you and your guys.

Be safe Jim! Darr and I are headed down the day after Christmas......should be another great year down there. Go get em'

Jay, when you and Darr will make another coues video? The first one "Extreme Coues" was awesome and a 5 star video. You guys need to hurry up and make another one.

Ernesto C