tjhunt2

Jan. 17, 2011 / Canyon Lake fishing report

I'll keep it short. Picked Dad up at 7am and was on the water around 8:30. Fishing was slow until we switched to worms and Dad catches a bluegill at 10am. Now Dad is a lover of bluegills and I love to eat them as well so we targeted the bluegills and called it a day by 1pm. We had boated over 90 in 3 hrs and only brought home what we could filet. The count was 72 at home and after 1&1/2 hrs we were ready for a fish fry. We called over some friends and had a feast fitting for king. Here's a few pics.

post-1903-1295325151_thumb.jpg

One of Dad's smaller ones

post-1903-1295325165_thumb.jpg

Dad with a filet

post-1903-1295325181_thumb.jpg

My mess in the kitchen sink. How many wifes would allow this in your house? :lol:

post-1903-1295325196_thumb.jpg

A bowl of bite size fish

post-1903-1295325211_thumb.jpg

Ready for the grease. 144 pieces

post-1903-1295325231_thumb.jpg

Peg doing the cooking

post-1903-1295325251_thumb.jpg

The near end of a good meal and a good day fishing with Dad.

TJ,

That looks like a blast. I haven't caught a bluegill in years. Very tasty little critters.

Kevin

Guest 300ultramag.

alright TJ. Ive seen enough.. the next time you go call me... im house broken.. and ill split the gas wit ya.. anf ill also take your $2 on first fish and big fish.. :lol: let me know.. seriously..

Heck ya TJ! I love bluegills. I love to catch them and I love to eat em especially big ones. How big are they? I went to Roosey today and struggled as did most everyone else, except for a few guys that had some. Again awesome job and it looks tasty!

Brian

Blue gill are DELICIOUS!!!! Looks like a great trip and a great meal. Slaying the blue gills like that is a fun and easy way to get kids into fishing.

Blue gill and crappie are some of the best eating fish! +1 on the Keystone Light... May make good beer batter, but tough to drink.

Good deal. Bluegills are a blast, and taste good too. That will be a hard day to beat.

--Bill