Aye, what happened to the other 100 lbs of weed? Oh nice Swaro's, never mind. :P Anyway, super story and awesome photos, good the see and read about another successful hunt. Were you ever worried about the danger that was surrounding you? As I read your story I was like, "wow... " I hope you were packing more than just your rifles and deer. Thanx again for the great story, throughly enjoyable.

Ernest

Coueselk,

Your hunt sounds almost identical to my hunt down in 36b. About the only difference is we didn't whack any yotes and our bucks were 70" and 90". We glassed up 6 backpackers with bundles identical to the one's in your pics and as we didn't have a gps we drew a map and gave it to the bp. Were you around for the shootout in Arivaca b/w the bp and smugglers? We carried sidearms too, kinda looked over my shoulder during the whole hunt. Congrats on a couple fine bucks. Mike

Thanks Coueselk for the great story. Both fine bucks!!!

You definately know what you are doing out there.

coueselk,

You write the coolest stories and post awesome pictures. Its easy to tell you REALLY love being out their.

Congratulations on two dandy bucks.

Redman

Sweet hunt and story, congrats on the bucks, I'm sure that weed was headed to some of my neighbors. :P Thanks

Truely amazing hunt story of the great Southwest.

How things have evolved in the year 2005. Banditos, drugs and guns! :P

Arizona Game & Fish should give you guys a bonus point for helping out the rugged mountain drug operation. Nice job giving up hunt time and probably saving them lots of man power and hours to move all 250lbs...

I like how you eluded to the idea that you it may be the "last hunt for a while" overthere due to all of the complications regarding crossings. I mean your hunting , doing a recreational AMERICAN activity and next thing you know, you're assisting border patrol. Truely commendable.

I'll never forget hiking the Arizona Trail from the US/MEXICO border, through the Huachuca Mountains this last March (05).. It made your story all the more vivid !

Excellent photography and SUPER NICE BUCKS!

AZP&Y

Coueselk, Congrats :D and thanks for the story! I have hunted 36A years ago and your pictures bring back some great memories. I agree with scottyboy, be-safe. love that ocotillo!

azyoung

Hey Guys! Great story and thanks for helping keep some of that weed out of the dealers hands.

Scottyboy might be right about the caution in posting that info but it might make it worthwhile to put in for that unit for other civic minded hunters.

Thanks to the BP for quick response to your calls!

Congrads on the 2 nice bucks. From reading your stories there weren't any dull moments.

And how many hunters do you know go home from hunting and tell the wife, :D "Yea, today we didn't see any bucks but we busted some drug runners and got a few bales of weed off the streets."

Congrads for the bust and Merry Christmas. Great stories, thanks.

Great Story! I'm so gald I didn't have a chance to read the forum while you were posting this. :D

Those are two very nice bucks, congratulations.

Bret

Great story and bucks. Congratulations.

While hunting in 36A in November the BP rounded up 70 aliens in one group on the east side of the Colorados and 35 passed thru the same spot on the next day.

Congratulations on those fine bucks. They are dandies!!!!!! Secondly, and more importantly, congratulations for having the nerve to do what all proud, law-abiding, civic-minded, and UNSELFISH, Americans would do in that situation. Also, don't worry about your post. Those flaky, zero, drug dealers north of the border are a bunch of weenies!!!! You should be commended for your actions. You assisted the feds in a very professional fashion and you sacrificed a day of priceless hunting opportunity to do it. Good things come to good people............perhaps that's why you guys did so well. If only there were more people like you out there, the world would be a much better place.

merry Christmas and God Bless,

you are da' man!

c-1