Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Bow Season is Upon Us

Here we go, another great fall in Arizona. So what kind of gear is everyone packing this year? What bow, arrows, broadheads, range finders, trail cams? What's your pre-season scouting been like with all the forest closures?

I'll start...

I'm shooting a Hoyt CRX 35 this year with a QAD drop away and Axcel Armortech sight, with some Easton ACC 340's probably tipped with Muzzys or Rage or VPA Terminators. My first hunt will be pronghorns in NM near Roswell. I might try out some G5 Tekan 2s. That hunt overlaps our deer hunt, so I'm trying to get some bucks close to home I can put my boys on. I'm really not looking for any deer hunt for myself until December when they are hard-horned.

In September, I'll be chasing screaming bulls in Unit 1, same setup minus the Rage. I'll shoot fixed heads most likely for that or a G5 T3.

My rangefinder is probably older than any of my kids, well, maybe not my first, but its a trusty old Nikon that is unreal. I've probably replaced the batteries twice in 12+ years, not because they ever died, I just felt like I had better change them.

October will put me down in SW New Mexico looking for coues with a muzzle loader in an area that has TONS of coues, huge bodies, and some really good trophy potential. I'll be shooting a Knight Long Range Hunter with a Luepold Ultimate Slam scope, Barnes TMZ 250 grain sabots over 120 grains of Triple 7.

When December comes, I hope to chase some desert muleys and coues with archery gear.

So, you gettin' pumped up yet? Let's hear about everyone's hunts this year!!!

I am probably the guy with the oldest bow out there. It's a Pearson Spoiler Plus with a Sonoran long range sight, Whisker Biscuit rest, Cabellas stalker arrows made by Easton tipped with Swhackers 100 grn. I got a Bushnell Sport 450, Pentax 20x60's backed up by Alpen 10x40's. Full day pack of little goodies and lots of luck! I finally got one of my Moultrie cams out in 33 and my Stealth out in state land. I might put the other Moultrie out for Muleys this weekend. Hard to find good spots without getting caught by FS and fined. Hope you all have a good season!!!!!

Well I have two bows to choose from, and am not sure of the one I will use for hunting. First is a mathews reezen 70 lbs and the other is a mathews drenalin. I bought them both this year brand new for 500$ each! I shoot gold tip 7595 arrows with magnus snuffer ss broadheads.

I drew a 4b september archery bull hunt and am waiting for deer results before I know where I will be hunting deer. Havent done the trailcam thing yet for fear of having them stolen.

I am looking forward to a good season, with elk and definetly late archery deer. Good luck to all!

Ill be out in aug in a ground blind on a spring in a forest with out any fire restrictions.

Ill be shooting a pse bow maddness xs shooting goldtip xt hunters 7595 with either a 100g montec or a 100g inverter. A bushnell arc1000 range finder. I have a buck tag a lion tag and a bear tag. There are turkey in my area but no turkey hunting in my unit. I will be leaving my standards at home and looking for a legal buck.

Going back to S. Africa in a little over 3 weeks. Taking my Mathews Z7, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350s, VPA 100 gr Terminator broadhead, Nikon range finders, Swarovski 10x42's and my brand new Sony HXR-NX70U!!!

Oh Yeah.... I'm taking my husband too! :D

Pse axe 6 in skulz Camo ripcord code red rest spothogg sdp rage broadheads can't wait till my elk hunt starts 27 bull

strothers SR71 or bow madness xl with gold tip 55/75s.6 arrows tipped with a 2 wacem xl broadheads, a razor trick, a magnus 2 blade stinger, a g5 stryker.(all these broadheads hit like field points for me)

nikon rangfinder/ old binoculars

im currently using covert cams had 2 stolen but oh well im not gonna use cheaper ones because i have done alot of testing and covert always catches more game.

Just baddest bow on the Planet "PSE X FORCE AXE 6 IN SKULZ CAMO!" 30" draw @ 70lbs. Ripcord arrow rest. Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme 6 pin Sight! 4 arrow Quiver. 29 inch Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's tipped with the deadliest broadheads in the World "Slick Trick 100 grain Magnums!" And of course the one thing I have learned to never leave home or in the truck! My Range Snap which is attached to my rangefinder. I have 3 trail cams set up on salt licks. Now all that is needed is that this Archer is as effective as his equipment! B)

my trusty Katera, 65Lbs Spot Hogg SDP wrap, Trophy taker...

post-252-0-43579100-1310526028_thumb.jpg

PSE Axe 6, 71 lb. 27.5" draw, fuse ultra rest. Easton St Epic 340's, undecided on broadhead between Rage mechanical or Montec fixed blade. Vortex Viper 15 x 50's, Alpen 10 x 40's, Bushnell sportsmans 1000 rangefinder with arc, two boys with their equipment. YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw can't wait.

2005 bowtec allegiance. Winners choice.hogg 7dp with .01 pins.Easton axis arrows. Epic broadheads.Can't wait! 5 day solo bivwac hunt for velvet antlered mulies!

Bow season starts next week for me. NorCal Blacktails!

I'll be packing my ancient 2001 Mathews Legacy, GT Kinetic Pro's, and 125g 4 blade Stingers.

It's slow, and there's no paint left on it, but it kills everything I point it at....

Well I have two bows to choose from, and am not sure of the one I will use for hunting. First is a mathews reezen 70 lbs and the other is a mathews drenalin. I bought them both this year brand new for 500$ each! I shoot gold tip 7595 arrows with magnus snuffer ss broadheads.

I drew a 4b september archery bull hunt and am waiting for deer results before I know where I will be hunting deer. Havent done the trailcam thing yet for fear of having them stolen.

I am looking forward to a good season, with elk and definetly late archery deer. Good luck to all!

Small world....I too have a 4B archery bull tag and will be shooting a Drenalin with the same arrows.

2009 Bowtech Admiral 70# and 29" Draw with Vaportrail stings/cables; Shooting Easton 340 FMJ's with 100 gr Grim Reaper Razortips. I have a Cobra Boomslang 4 pin sight and a G5 Expert II drop away. I will be bowhunting out of a tree stand in 23 the last week of August. I have a late archery bull tag in 23 also that I am looking forward to. I have been up scouting 4 times, and have thousands of good photos of animals in the area. I harvested a smaller buck last year, and hope to fill my tag again this year. I have seen really good bucks up where I hunt. I am going up there one more time (1st weekend of Aug).