Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Giant 410+ Velvet Bull killed!

Jay Lopeman wanted to share these pics with you all....WOW! Congrats to the guides and hunter. What a beast!

This was taken with one of the special commissioner tags that ran from Aug 2010 to Aug 2011, so they were getting down to the wire!

Alan Hamberlin with his giant AZ elk, Mossback guided him. Alan shot the bull with a 7mm at 200 yards.

post-1-0-23958300-1311560327_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-20137800-1311560337_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-01357600-1311560342_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Conrats to the hunter!

He's certainly racked massive trophies over the years.

Congrats to Mossback AZ too.

Way to go guys!

Alan has racked up some tremendous trophies...it's truly amazing. Alan said even though he has hunted the White Mtn Apache Reservation for 30 years, he hasn't ever seen a straight 6x6 this large before! They hunted this bull all year, and ONLY this bull. That was the one Alan wanted. That's dedication.

Thats a great bull! Not many have the dedication to hunt just one animal, and those who do often eat tag soup. Congratulations Alan.

nice bull. how much more growth do you guys think he had in him? When do elk typically shed velvet?

Lee, Alan Hamberlin is not a bad guy. he has donated more money to wildlife than most of us will ever do, just because he bought a tag that is high dollar, does that make him a sob? that is the last thing Alan is. Congrats Alan on a great bull.

Kendall

All the money goes straight back into wildlife managment. heck I can tell u straight up if I could, I would be all over this tag. And nobody works harder than mossback az. They deserve all the credit in the world. Congrats Jay an Chad and everybody witb mossback az you guys r animals. An a big congrats to Alan Hamberlin. Huge bull..

Toby the Toad is no more.

sad day......how is it that a millionaires' dollars got this old boy killed but none of us could get it done during a real elk season? Putting year-round bounties on wildlife is something i thought went away in the 1950's. shame on azgfd and the governor for making a sham of our hunting seasons and giving one or two sob's an unfair, 12 month advantage. i hope everyone involved with littlehorn and mossback get all that they de$erve.

pissed.

lee

The reason that this millionare got this old boy killed is because he is also a very great hunter and knows how to hunt better then 90 percent of the guys out there. Alan is not an SOB and if you knew him and what he has done for the AZ you would realize you are the only SOB. Unbelievable that someone would run there mouth about mossback or alan. Enjoy the bull and pictures if you dont like it go to a different post.Thanks Amanda for posting them up. Congrats to alan and mossback.

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

Toby the Toad is no more.

sad day......how is it that a millionaires' dollars got this old boy killed but none of us could get it done during a real elk season? Putting year-round bounties on wildlife is something i thought went away in the 1950's. shame on azgfd and the governor for making a sham of our hunting seasons and giving one or two sob's an unfair, 12 month advantage. i hope everyone involved with littlehorn and mossback get all that they de$erve.

pissed.

lee

The reason that this millionare got this old boy killed is because he is also a very great hunter and knows how to hunt better then 90 percent of the guys out there. Alan is not an SOB and if you knew him and what he has done for the AZ you would realize you are the only SOB. Unbelievable that someone would run there mouth about mossback or alan. Enjoy the bull and pictures if you dont like it go to a different post.Thanks Amanda for posting them up. Congrats to alan and mossback.

am i crazy for saying id rather hunt bulls for 12mos.. then sheep for 30 days.. congrats

Congrats to the Hunter for a beautiful bull... and thank you for your donation to Arizona wildlife!