Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Giant 410+ Velvet Bull killed!

Toby the Toad is no more.

sad day......how is it that a millionaires' dollars got this old boy killed but none of us could get it done during a real elk season? Putting year-round bounties on wildlife is something i thought went away in the 1950's. shame on azgfd and the governor for making a sham of our hunting seasons and giving one or two sob's an unfair, 12 month advantage. i hope everyone involved with littlehorn and mossback get all that they de$erve.

pissed.

lee

By the way. That bull isnt Toby Toad he died along time ago. :blink:

Glassm'up , I'm like you, I cant get away from this post. It's blows my mind that someone call's out a good guy that I'm sure he does not even know. Alan Hamberlin is a solid guy.

Kendall

Congratulations to Alan on harvesting this breautiful animal and to Mossback Outfitters. I will never in my lifetime ever have the money to buy one of these tags but I will tell you I would if I had the money. I think it's a good deal for everyone involved. Thank you azgfd for selling these tags in the name of benefitting our wildlife.

I have nothing against guides or paying clients but do have some issues with the ones who do nothing but show up after the animal is found, pay the guide, pull the trigger, and then claim he is a hunter. :)

TJ

Well that is one beautiful bull. I hope one of our DIY members can fulfill the tag in their pocket with a bull that matches their dreams. Congrats to the hunter, and the guides.

Put me in "Coach", I'm ready to play! Unit 9 Archery Bull here I come! :ph34r:

That bull is simply amazing, in velvet no less. DREAMIN BIG....... Big Bulls, Big Bucks, got the antlers sticking out of our trucks. (sorry if I butchered the Mossback Song) :P

Congrats to the hunter and all involved.

That is a great bull. Congrats to the hunter, I wonder how many times he went afield looking for this bull before me finally pulled the trigger? My guess is that the bull probably had some broken tines last year so he waited for them to regrow.

Either way he sure looks like a happy camper to me and my hats off to him.

sad day......how is it that a millionaires' dollars got this old boy killed but none of us could get it done during a real elk season? Putting year-round bounties on wildlife is something i thought went away in the 1950's. shame on azgfd and the governor for making a sham of our hunting seasons and giving one or two sob's an unfair, 12 month advantage. i hope everyone involved with littlehorn and mossback get all that they de$erve.

pissed.

lee

+1 and -1 good point, if you would of left the name calling out, they would of had nothing to say. Cause an ignorant fool could even see that its not fair someone gets to elk hunt based on his money. NOT FAIR AZGFD. Oh and if this guy is such a GREAT hunter, why does he need a guide to follow it 24-7?

pissed.

lee

+1 and -1 good point, if you would of left the name calling out, they would of had nothing to say. Cause an ignorant fool could even see that its not fair someone gets to elk hunt based on his money. NOT FAIR AZGFD. Oh and if this guy is such a GREAT hunter, why does he need a guide to follow it 24-7?

I normally would leave this never-ending argument alone......BUT....... biglakejake and cuztail, haven't you heard of the age old saying that life just isn't fair. Why is it that this thread got hijacked from showing off a giant bull which our great state produced to name calling and huge displays of simple jealousy? I have no idea how Mr. Hamberlin makes his living but if I were to guess he probably works his butt off. How he chooses to spend his money is no business to you or I. I for one am thankful that he chose to give our state the amount of money he did to kill just ONE bull. How many elk would have to die in our state each year at $121.50 a piece to generate the same revenue that this 1 bull created. I'm only guessing that Mr. Hamberlin spent $150k+ on this tag. And it all gets dumped back in to the improvement of wildlife so that when you or I get lucky enough to draw a tag we get to hunt a herd that is quality managed because of funds generated from these hunting opportunites like an auction tag. We should be thanking Mr. Hamberlin, not bashing him. STUD of a bull. Huge congrats to the hunter and Mossback AZ!

Regards,

Chris Jacob

Wwww.sonoranghost.com

• Like 1

Very well stated.

This is just one of many huge trophies Alan has taken in our state.

By no means is this the biggest bull he's harvested.

I am thankful to have sportsmen like him contributing to our wildlife.

There are many things he could choose to do otherwise and plenty of

organizations with their hands out to take his money.

• Like 1

I would bet if truth be known Mr. Hamberlin has dontated more money to our wildlife than any other person in history. Not only has he dontated lots of money but he has given tons of his time. I say job well done to Mossback Arizona and Mr. Hamberlin! Congrats to all involved!

So Thats what A GIANT top end looks like.

Great dedication guys Awesome Bull and a great way to Kick of the season.

pissed.

lee

This guy makes more money and is worth more money then we could all ever dream about, with that said why would he not hire the best guides in the state to help him harvest a giant bull. I'll assume it would cost him allot more money to spend a year out in the field hunting then giving some local guides a little money to do the scouting for him. Hes obviously a smart business man and he made a very smart business decision and a giant bull was the result. Guide or not it comes down to the hunter to close the deal and he did on this bull. Along with this bull Alan has taken many other giants bull and bucks like "Houdini".

pissed.

lee

This guy makes more money and is worth more money then we could all ever dream about, with that said why would he not hire the best guides in the state to help him harvest a giant bull. I'll assume it would cost him allot more money to spend a year out in the field hunting then giving some local guides a little money to do the scouting for him. Hes obviously a smart business man and he made a very smart business decision and a giant bull was the result. Guide or not it comes down to the hunter to close the deal and he did on this bull. Along with this bull Alan has taken many other giants bull and bucks like "Houdini".

What a gorgeous animal!

Shameful that this thread took this direction. And how can any of us question the money aspect. I spend all I can towards a hunt, which isnt much compared, but is relative to what you have. If I had more I would spend more. Does that make it wrong, no. Is my animal better than yours because you spent more on your rifle, no. Like it was said already dont corrupt a good post with negative comment.