Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Giant 410+ Velvet Bull killed!

Hey guys,

Please keep this a positive thread. If you want to debate the merit of special commissioner tags and/or guides, create another thread and do so without directly attacking anyone. Better yet, if you don't like commissioner tags, contact the AGFD commission and do something to change it.

Alan has done a lot for wildlife conservation in Arizona and is a dedicated, passionate hunter. I am sure the Mossback guides worked their tails off on this hunt as well. For the life of me I don't understand why whenever ANYONE (whether guided or not) kills a giant animal there are always people wanting to tear it down. Amanda

Well put Amanda! :)

TJ

I had made a long post on this last night, but it didnt get posted or it got lost somehow. Nice bull, good photos. The truth needs to be told here. These tags are TAX WRITE OFFS. Example... Guy makes 10 million a year... Guy needs HUGE TAX WRITE OFFS... Guy buys RMEF Auction tag for 200,000 gets huge write off for donating and gets to kill a huge bull and pay his taxes... TRUTH> When i make 10 million a year, im going to do the same thing...

Ron

Congrats to Alan and Team Mossback AZ on a great bull! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Ron

Tearing down the auction hunter and calling his ability to buy the tag "unfair" is the same mentality as the liberals saying the rich should be punished for having too much money and that we should tax them more to give it to the entitlement programs. We conservitives know that the money that Mr. Hamberlin has acumulated that allows him to buy such a tag and pay guides to help him kill such an animal was created somewhere along the line through capitalism and achieving the American dream. Just like the wealthy provide a large percentage of jobs in our country Mr. Hamberlin provides a great number of dollars to wildlife conservation. Chris said it best when he said "life is not fair." The way I look at it we have two choices; 1. Do our best to get on the good side of that statement (conservative) 2. Whine and complain about how we're not on the good side of that statement (liberal).

Chances are I will never buy an auction tag but the way I look at, me drawing a bull tag and killing a 370 bull with my limited time and resources is an equal accomplishment to Mr. Hamberlin killing a 410 bull with his time and resources, and I am OK with that.

Oh, and the Game and Fish has made it "fair" by giving us all a chance at the same tag for just a few bucks through the super raffle, right?

Well put Brian. I'd like to thank Mr. Hamberlin for his contribution to Arizona Wildlife. Thank you.

What a gorgeous bull of a lifetime right there! 400" class typical 6x6's are, in my mind, the rarest trophy to acquire! Huge congrats to Alan and the Mossback boys, I know they worked their butts off and deserve the success! Congrats guys! JIM>

I had made a long post on this last night, but it didnt get posted or it got lost somehow. Nice bull, good photos. The truth needs to be told here. These tags are TAX WRITE OFFS. Example... Guy makes 10 million a year... Guy needs HUGE TAX WRITE OFFS... Guy buys RMEF Auction tag for 200,000 gets huge write off for donating and gets to kill a huge bull and pay his taxes... TRUTH> When i make 10 million a year, im going to do the same thing...

Ron

$200,000 off an adjusted income of over of say $5,000,000 (if the guy makes $10 mil) is not going to do much to lower the taxes...like you I would rather give my money to wildlife than to welfare....

Very outstanding bull. Every bull killed in AZ is naught and paid for by who ever takes it. I do not know this hunter at all. If he give 10s of thousands of dollars to the AZ wildlife.then I thank him for that.in no doubt is he probably a great hunter and a very hard worker. Do I think that because of his money and donations it makes him any more of a hunter or a better harder working hunter then the guy that barely survives and needs this meat so his family does not starve. No. But do I think he killed one heck of a bull. Yes. We go through this every year at least five times. Some one kills a big trophy and the war on the net starts. And we wonder.why people don't want to share.there trophies with us every time. Or why Amanda makes sure we go thru all lanes before we post photos of others success. Like I said I do not know this guy but I do know Kendall. So if kendall says this guy is top notch I'm sure he is.

Jade Goodman.

thanks ron-i hope your get overnights for the next 10 years on your new job.

but of course i could use a little more abuse. auction tags were a mistake from day one. my mom and dad both died before they got a bull tag in the draw.

those hamberlins, mossbackers and littlehornettes- NIMRODs all. now just git-r-done. but git-r-done in another state.

this one's mine. always has been............

lee

insanity runs in the family-it practically gallups!

• Like 3

great bull!!!! to bad the thread was hijacked by some 12 year old

• Like 1

Congrats to a great bull being shot.

If they took a plane to find a bull like that...who cares. its not like they shot it from the plane or chopper he flew in on (if that is true). hiring a guide is needed sometimes and the guides make a living at doing ,what I think, all of us wish we could do. Just like any job, you will do what it takes to make a client or boss happy.

It is too bad that there is so much bad talking about this person that shot the bull...we should just look at the pics and and say, "WOW that is a HUGE 6x6"

Also i agree with a lot of people on here about the money. With that being said we wouldnt have the quality of wildlife and amount if it was not for people to donate the money, these people can go some where else, there are high fence ranches where they can choose to shoot something that is huge.....but thats not the case here. The money went to the state of which most of us love to hunt. It is good for all of us!

On another note...

What makes this any different than someone finding a huge bull on the side of the road while driving a quad or truck. we all use what ever we can to find what we want to shoot: quads, trucks, planes, choppers, optics or the quads God gave us, guide and hunter alike!!!

As far as the pilots go, they should be happy to be able to find work, not complane they didnt get a bonus. i am sure they got payed and there are a lot of pilots out there that are just looking for flight time because they love being in the air! Not looking for a bonus!!!

Again, Congrats to all involved,

Mark