Sign in to follow this  
eagarcoues

Unit 1

Got it done one of the hardest hunts I have ever been on 6 straight days of long walks and fighting the weather, 70 yard shot with only a 30 yard recovery not biggest out their but will eat good, had a blast. seen a lot of good bucks tried everything from flagging to the decoy hat and shirt , cow decoy, into them every day but couldn't get it done had one at 15 yards on a dead run a bunch at 80 plus yards a reel good buck at 45 yards opening day and 3 hours later but had a clump of trees between me and him and he blew out of their, a lot of miss judging on land terrain features and missed shots. I thought this would be a slam dunk this year living up here and seeing so many goats over the past 4 months and killing one on the 2nd day 11 years ago must have been a lot of luck back then ,one thing I did learn was to totally think out the whole stock and don’t rush it. I did talk to a lot of other hunters out at the grassland G&F Ranch had good conversation, sharing what we seen over the past few days. I did see a 20 inch buck at 130 yards I tried the shirt and hat thing almost got him because he fell over laughing at me.

Jeff in Eagar

PS If you were hunting goats up here in a Blue FJ cruiser you are so very very wrong.

post-756-0-63888300-1314325437_thumb.jpg

post-756-0-26156100-1314325450_thumb.jpg

post-756-0-18590000-1314325471_thumb.jpg

Way to go! Nice job!

So what was up with the FJ?

Nice work! Looks like you paid some serious dues. That makes is a great trophy for you.

As for your PS. to the Blue FJ Cruiser; that made me really chuckle. But, I'm wondering why?

sound like you literally worked your A$$ off on this hunt.

At least you can say you are in shape for the next hunt.

you even look worn out in the picture.... but, the best part is you gott-er done !

great job and congratulations !

good job. a pronghorn with a bow is a very high accomplishment. where were all the goats? my 73 year old, emphasimad up, on oxygen uncle has a rifle tag. i don't think i'll even be able to go. again, good job. Lark.

As usual I agree with Lark. Taking any pronghorn buck with a bow, especially the way you did, is an accomplishment. Congratulations.

Bill Quimby