HaYen

Recent history of Spring draw results

@Redman - I think you are on to something

@Big Tub - History can be a reminder of bad this. I feel ots your time :-)

@Rogeti - Hum they took your money before posting the results? Maybe there way of quitely letting some know? Maybe an undocumented feature of the tool (wait thats Microsoft). Maybe their way of pushing folks to use CC's. In either case, just to be fair, mayne in the future they charge the cards after the anouncement.

I actually got frustrated enough to call in today. First i called the autmated line to see if i got drawn. ha ha. still not there either. Then i called the mesa branch and the lady said "maybe today".... for a brief moment that bought me off. I got excited. I thought to myself "be patient"... and then 6 hours later i think to myself "maybe NOT" ha ha

I am thinking this is a possible reason for delayed results. So they run they draw, then charge the credit cards. But a card is no longer valid or has been maxed out. So do they contact the card holder, or look at the next undrawn person in line to issue the tag? The online draw results usually list a reject reason- credit card not valid?- so this must be added before publishing results- (justa guess).

I hope this is not going to be the normal waiting time for upcoming draw's. This SUCK's! I will definatly use a CC in Feb.

Im with Red Rabbit.

Thats why they cash the check as soon as it hits their office. If it bounces, so does that application...right into the trash. Cant really do that with a CC though. So it was probably a painstaking process of "draw, charge: pass\fail, next".

Which would explain why last week it took several members here to notice a charge on monday while others didnt get 'hit' until thursday, depending how close to the "top of the stack" they were, or so to speak.

Which leads me to my next point of discussion... if they cant charge the cc for the application, how do they skim the processing fee for the unsuccesful, bad cc holders out there?

I need a fix. Somebody give me a rumor from somebody's nephew who knows somebody's sister who knows somebody's dad who knows somebody's aunt in the department when the day and time of the results will be out :).

Brian

Here you go... I have a friend with inside info. Says the draw is taking longer because G&F had to fire the company doing the online draw and are now doing the draw by hand. Said they were hoping to have it out before Thanksgiving. I have always wanted to be this guy!

"Which leads me to my next point of discussion... if they cant charge the cc for the application, how do they skim the processing fee for the unsuccesful, bad cc holders out there?"

That is a really good question....guess they are simply out that money? That kinda stinks

They are not simply out that $. You and I are out that $ cause we have to make up for it with our good credit cards in the form of increased app fees in the future.

So here is a question, if I receive a tag through the draw, but decide I would rather have one in a unit with leftovers, can I trade my tag received through the draw for a leftover? Reason being on my brothers mule deer hunt last week I found a bunch of pigs in a unit that was my 3rd choice. Saw them every time we went out for 3 weeks.

BTW called the G&F office today, they said this week . . . hopefully.