Sign in to follow this  
djaws11

80 year old grandpas elk and moms elk

I have been lurking for a while, finally posting some pictures...not sure I am doing this right so if there is a better way then let me know.

1st picture is grandpas 6x7

2nd picture is moms 6x6

Those are some pretty impressive elk. I can only hope to be able to hunt when I am 80, your grandpa is an impressive man! Heck at 80, I'll probably be happy to wake up in the morning, find my teeth, glasses, cane, and slippers. Huge congratulations to all.

This is just awesome. Congratulations to Grandpa and Ma. These are very nice bulls. Thanks for sharing the family success. :)

TJ

Grandpa is 83 now and he is still kickin...we keep putting him in for trophy hunts...maybe he will get lucky again. We were nervous that he wouldn't be able to find the elk in the scope since his eye sight isnt that good even after multiple lasik surgeries haah but he got it done and my mom has the best shot out of everyone in our family as well as the most trophies...she is a sniper

Seeing your grandpa with that great bull gives me hope for the next 20 years!! Congrats to both on some beautiful bulls!

I saw a shrit that said "I didnt stop hunting because I got old. I got old because I stopped hunting" I guess I should belive it

Very cool!! Congratulations! My hat is off to your grandpa! Wow, that's just amazing to be hunting when your 80! And your mom is awesome too!

Thanks for all the comments

Super, super bulls! Congrats to all! I can only hope I am still out there whacking bulls at 80 years young!!!