Becker

??? Posting Scores ???

Sorry guys but this has bugged me and wanted to get some other opinions

So this year I managed to kill a 120- and I have noticed a few people killing 90+ . That means there are lots of deer in between ;) These plus things drive me nuts. The deer have been harvested and the tape does not have a + on it last time I checked. How come we can't ever just get a solid what you measured the deer at. "I JUST SHOT A 115 +" well is it 115 and 2/8 or is it 130 and 6/8. Don't be shy and just post what the heck the deer really scores. Everyone will still be just has happy for you......

Anybody agree or am I just crazy......hahahaha

???

• Like 1

I get what you are saying Devin... but some guys really only care to know "about" what something scores... see it all the time... Guys thow a quick tape on some bone but don't add the 1/8's up so it scores..."about"...HaHaHa....

The ones that bug me are the ones that were 40" bigger before they get a B&C or P&Y score... I know a few guys that every bull they kill is 360+ til the official scorer stretches a steel tape on them... HaHaHa... ;)

Don't be shy and just post what the heck the deer really scores. Everyone will still be just has happy for you......

Anybody agree or am I just crazy......hahahaha

???

If everyone will still be just as happy for you then why does it bother you if someone wants to post a +? It has nothing to do with someone being shy but you certainly have the right to your opinion. The score of an animal never has meant crap to me but I don't condem those who thrive on it. What the he!! makes the difference what someone wants to post? jmo

"If everyone will still be just as happy for you then why does it bother you if someone wants to post a +? It has nothing to do with someone being shy but you certainly have the right to your opinion. The score of an animal never has meant crap to me but I don't condem those who thrive on it. What the he!! makes the difference what someone wants to post?"

+1

i agree - what difference does it make - unless its an official report for the book - I can call it anything i want

mines a 120 class buck

Usually when you hear the "+" it is actually 10 inches smaller. I constantly hear a 360+ bull that scored 320, even worse my friend texted me a 110+ buck and offical score was 93, I get what you're saying, it's just one of those things that goes on in our hunting community, I killed a 100- this year as well.

Thats the problem with hunting now days. It has turned into a competition of who can kill the highest scoring animal and throwing all ethics out the window for most people. (jmo) I was looking at some pics of some monster coues bucks that were killed a long time ago that never got scored or mounted. Its the hunting world we live in now days.

Hunters who need steel tapes to measure their success -- and the success of others -- are to be pitied.

Bill Quimby

Well said Bill! :)

TJ

Sadly, it's only going to get worse as we see the new generation of "hunters" who seem to get trophy critters handed to them. Make a difference- teach a kid HOW to hunt, not WHAT to hunt....

i say who cares? i have a pretty nice deer on my wall from last year and i never even tried to measure it. i hunt meat first and horns second.

Shoot an animal, share a picture and a story! Thanks for doing that. If you want to hang a number on it great if not, great, no problem.