Sign in to follow this  
Bowhuntress

First deer!

I went out on my javelina hunt and came back with my first deer! I bought a tag with high hopes...just in case.. and i'm soo glad I did!! We were out glassing for pigs..not seeing much. We went to move on to a new spot to glass and spotted the deer... right as he spotted us. With no time to range it I put my 60 yard pin on him and let it go..I could see my hot pink arrow for about 100 yards. We waited just over an hour to start tracking him. When we ranged the shot it was 56 yards... There was a pretty good trail to follow for a while but after about 100 yards we were just following tracks.. the trail started back up and we tracked him a total of about 250-300 yards. I had an arrow knocked just in case I needed it but I looked into the bottom of a little draw...and there he was! I couldnt have been more excited!!!

post-4196-0-57501900-1325651314_thumb.jpg

post-4196-0-53632700-1325651322_thumb.jpg

That is just awesome. Congratulations on your first deer. That's a very nice buck no matter how many you've shot. Now go get your pig and post it for us to see. Way to get it done. How about a story to go with it? :)

TJ

Are you kidding me! That is the best Javalina I have ever seen. AWESOME.

Congratulations,

Bob

That is just awesome! What a great first buck! Congrats and thanks for sharing your pics! Is there a story to go with it? Spot and stalk, how far was the shot, etc?

-Tracy

thats some good stuff right there. great shooting!!

That is AWESOME. These women with their bows are KILLING ME. Making me feel far inferior as a hunter. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Congrats. That's a buck no matter what # it is! Huge congrats.

--Greg