AZLance

What handheld GPS do you use and why?

I'm looking to get a new gps, and just looking for your recommendations for something that works well, and finds satellites quickly, and stores a lot of waypoints.

I'm looking to get a new gps, and just looking for your recommendations for something that works well, and finds satellites quickly, and stores a lot of waypoints.

Sorry AzLance I use an older Garmin GPS60 it has good memory but the newer units have better software and more features.

Garmin GPSMap 60 CSX - hands down. I used an older eTrex Vista for years, great little unit. The newer, 60 CSX sells all over the board. I think I got mine for $300 including mapping sofware and a micro SD card. Now they're around $500 or more.

This thing is nuts and bolts GPS - fast aquisition, expandable memory and great battery life.

Youre still using the issued Etrex?!?!?! I have the 60csx and its awesome!

A lot of the newer guys have the touch screen oregon I think its called? Looks really nice and plugs in cords really quick, but I played with it for a few minutes on my last camp and it looked a little more difficult than my 60csx.

I got the garmin 62sc last year and it great having a unit that picks up satellites so fast and keeps them. I used to have a gpsmap72 and wow, what a difference. I think you would want either the 60 or the 62. Or the rhino if you want a built in radio. If you use National Geo Topo as your mapping program on your computer, then you might want to get the older 60 because the 62 doesn't quite work the same with that software.

Garmin all the way.... Love the Rino 655t, it is bad as can be... camera , touch screen, preloaded maps...it is so easy to use.