twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

On 8/14/2012 at 7:29 AM, ready2hunt said:

When any one claims that a spot is "theirs". That probably bugs me more that most things. We all share the forest and the only time I consider a spot "owned" by someone is when they have paid for the land and have the rights to it.

I heard this from a few people over the weekend during a hunt (it was not directed at me) and think it's petty. If you want the trophy shoot it first...it's that simple :)

It's theirs if you don't know where it is.

Usually the only problems that I have with hunting buddies are the ones that I'm teaching to hunt. I'm starting to wonder about teaching anymore because some of them it's hard to get the point to them that you don't want to hunt with them. The hardest ones to get the point that you don't want to hunt with them are the ones that work with you. You just can't quit answering the phone in that situation. 

The hunters that I like to hunt with camp with you and go to their own spots. I hate the ones that try to follow you everywhere. That can get annoying real quick. 

I usually hunt with a good group that I like, and these are true examples with me with new hunters that I take out.

I've had some where when you hunt with them things of yours tend to disappear.

We were calling in a gobbler once and the guy gets up and walks over to me to tell me that he sees them coming in. 

You go walk a spot and they come walk on top of you when they know that you're there walking it.

You get out of the truck early in the morning to go set up on some roosted gobblers and he hits his truck alarm.

• Like 1

"We were calling in a gobbler once and the guy gets up and walks over to me to tell me that he sees them coming in."

I think I would have lost it right there. LOL

• Like 1