twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

Call you up 3 weeks before a hunt and ask you to mount a new scope and work up a new load for them.......and they want ME to do the load workup....

2 different guys did this to me this last week for October deer hunts......

Well.....they are my son-in-law and cousin......so......

My daughter just asked to use one of my guns. That is easier than trying to make the other 2 into tack drivers in 2-3 weeks.

• Like 2

When you are all ready to go hunting at 2:30am like was planned and it is now 3:19 and I am still sitting on my couch reading cwt.com.

I am in the wrong camp if you bring a couch on a hunt. Lol

whatcha talkin about ? there's a couch at your camp (cabin) too... LOL!

• Like 1

You take your buddy to your deer/javelina/whatever area, they kill one and you wind up with tag soup!

• Like 4

When youre hunting buddy has a cold and can be heard at 1/4 mile coughing every 5 min the entire hunt....Nobodys fault n nothing u can do :-/

Lets you take them out and guide them for 10 days, and then doesn't shoot anything.......saying, "It is not big enough"...... <_<

• Like 2

reread all of these, some good ones in here

for you folks with rotten feet, wipe them down with hand sanitizer every night, it kills the stink

• Like 1

People telling others about your spot as if it was theirs.

my buddies get mad when i blindfold them as we drive into the unit.... :D

• Like 1

My buddy will all be excited, once at camp we'll set up everything, do some scouting.. then I would do everything to wake him up in the morning..most times, I will leave him in camp to go hunt!

• Like 1

I've got a hunting partner that will get tired of glassing after 10 minutes and get up and start walking around...

• Like 1

On two separate trips, several years apart, I've had hunting "Partners" that "forgot" to mention they could only hunt the opening weekend of our long planned full season Elk hunts...both had naturally rode all the way to camp in my vehicle (to save gas) before telling me of this little detail...both loudly complained that they did not speak up earlier because they knew I would make them drive themselves to camp....Ya think????...one "Partner" ended up renting a car for the trip home to Tucson from Flagstaff...the other had his wife pick him up in Flagstaff.....Turns out I burned some bridges with those "Partners" as they never even asked to hunt with me again.....What the heck, I thought my taking them in to town was a great demonstration of camaraderie and sacrifice.....

when they do that i would take them to the closest bus stop and wish them luck

• Like 1

You take your buddy to your deer/javelina/whatever area, they kill one and you wind up with tag soup!

has happened to me the last two years

Just wanted to vent a bit with people who can probably relate. My friend, a very nice guy and has helped in numerous ways... can be so dang stubborn it's ridiculous. We usually hunt together all the time which I usually enjoy the company especially the increased safety factor. However, lately, it's always been whatever he wants to do, where he wants to go, and so on...

Well opening day for dove was a huge failure.. if he would've listened to me and headed to my spot we both would have limited out. (Sigh)

What do you guys do when you face a stubborn hunter friend set in his ways no matter how wrong he might be?! ... haha