twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

After moving here in 07', I was "fortunate" to meet my neighbor across the fence. After several conversations he invited me to hunt WTs in 36A the next season with him and his hunting group. Everything went great up to the hunt, once in camp I soon decided this may have not been the best decision I had ever made. After going over the camp do's and dont's he "The Mayor" pulls out a map of where I can and cannot hunt just in case his hot spot doesn't pan out, he didn't want anyone disturbing his Plan, B,C,D or E. After spending 3 unsuccessful days observing terrain devoid of wildlife I decided to venture away from my allotted public land real estate only to find a decent little buck that I was able to harvest. Needless to say you needed an ax to cut the tension in camp that night. And to top it off one of my tenderloins mysteriously disappeared while hanging in camp, I was told I must have cut it out while gutting the animal.

• Wow! 1

After moving here in 07', I was "fortunate" to meet my neighbor across the fence. After several conversations he invited me to hunt WTs in 36A the next season with him and his hunting group. Everything went great up to the hunt, once in camp I soon decided this may have not been the best decision I had ever made. After going over the camp do's and dont's he "The Mayor" pulls out a map of where I can and cannot hunt just in case his hot spot doesn't pan out, he didn't want anyone disturbing his Plan, B,C,D or E. After spending 3 unsuccessful days observing terrain devoid of wildlife I decided to venture away from my allotted public land real estate only to find a decent little buck that I was able to harvest. Needless to say you needed an ax to cut the tension in camp that night. And to top it off one of my tenderloins mysteriously disappeared while hanging in camp, I was told I must have cut it out while gutting the animal.

WOW! Hope you never went hunting with them again!

Something that drives me nuts is when I go out dove hunting, after the hunt certain people I have hunted with almost always expect me to take their doves... What is it? A fear of cleaning them? I answer them with a resounding "Nope, those are your birds, eat them- they're delicious..." and they more often than not try to argue with me to take their birds home for myself. I really hate that. If you want to kill the animals, yet have no desire to prepare them afterwards, that makes you a murderer- not a hunter. If you hunt with me, it's not a free pass to shoot your limit and then go home without doing any of the dirty work and using the resource you've harvested. Thanks for listening to my rant.

• Like 6

/>

I got a hunting partner that snores so loud its ridiculous and keeps me from sleeping. We have hunted a lot together and no matter how far away from him I try to sleep he just wont shut up! Finally after quite a few years I invested in some ear plugs so I wouldn't smother him in his sleep with his pillow.

Besides...I would feel guilty suffocating my own dad

Thanks old man for all the good hunts. Guess I am one of the lucky ones too...not to much to complain about.

I have one of those too. It's incredible.

As far as annoyances... sunglasses on a predator stand.

• Like 1

Feeling the need to fill silence with conversation....especially when there's nothing worth saying. Sometimes I'm not thinking anything worth talking about so don't ask...I might just be sucking wind from the hill we just climbed! Or sometimes I'm sleeping behind my binos so don't wake me up. :D

• Like 2

Feeling the need to fill silence with conversation....especially when there's nothing worth saying. Sometimes I'm not thinking anything worth talking about so don't ask...I might just be sucking wind from the hill we just climbed! Or sometimes I'm sleeping behind my binos so don't wake me up. :D

If your hunting buddy turns to you and says "watcha thinking about?" It may be time for a new hunting buddy, unless she's really pretty :lol:

• Like 4

Feeling the need to fill silence with conversation....especially when there's nothing worth saying.

Yeah, I experienced something like that, didn't even get to enjoy the sound of the campfire, lol. I just went to bed early, that was the only escape, lol.

/>

I got a hunting partner that snores so loud its ridiculous and keeps me from sleeping. We have hunted a lot together and no matter how far away from him I try to sleep he just wont shut up! Finally after quite a few years I invested in some ear plugs so I wouldn't smother him in his sleep with his pillow.

Besides...I would feel guilty suffocating my own dad

Thanks old man for all the good hunts. Guess I am one of the lucky ones too...not to much to complain about.

I have one of those too. It's incredible.

As far as annoyances... sunglasses on a predator stand.

Two in my camp and either one is snoring so loud it measures on the richter scale or they are having a contest to see who can drown out any pesky background noise, you know things like thunder or a hurricane.

Other small things that drive me nuts:

He is right there... see him? By the tree! The green tree! the one with the big branch!

We had a very serious argument one year about a yucca vs a century plant. Needless to say I had to print pictures and set them on his desk at work. We laughed like heck after that!

Wandering off on your own hunt plan used to drive me nuts also but now I figure I might get lucky and use my search and rescue skills or all that crap I have learned from my wife's addiction to CSI.

Always fun when this thread gets resurrected...this time of year it's not following through on draw choices or waiting until the last minute to deal with group applications.

Had a friend that never hunted. got him lined out on what weapon to use, ammo, clothes, etc... I spent 2 months scouting the area. Took him to MY honey hole. He showed up at 1am the morning of the hunt. I had put to bed 5 nice bucks that day. I harvested a 6x6 mulie while he got a nice 3x3 at the same time. 2 years later he tells me he has a friend that they put in together and got drawn for my area and wanted to know exactly where we were. Never took the time to scout, ask me to put in with him, introduce me to his friend, (later found out the guy's a poaching A$$HOLE. Never hunted with him again. Enclosed is the 6x6 I shot at 380 yards with my own reloads. 130 grain silver tips. WOW!!!

post-12458-0-18806400-1401759310_thumb.jpg

• Like 1