twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

Great post. I wish I still had my hunting buddy to rub me the wrong way, but he moved to Colorado a couple months ago. He says he is still going on the elk trip we drew for, but I will believe it when I see it. He never really bothered me, but he would get grumpy about day 3 or 4 if we weren't seeing much. A few years back I dropped him off to hunt his way back to camp. I was sitting in the drivers seat watching him grab his stuff out of the back when he hit his head on the corner of the window to the camper. I tried to contain my laughter when he took a swing at the truck, but it was no use. I think I would rather hunt alone than hunt with most people, but it sucks to lose a good hunting partner.

anyone ever had a hunting buddy that had such smelly feet that it made you dry heave?

• Like 1

When any one claims that a spot is "theirs". That probably bugs me more that most things. We all share the forest and the only time I consider a spot "owned" by someone is when they have paid for the land and have the rights to it.

I heard this from a few people over the weekend during a hunt (it was not directed at me) and think it's petty. If you want the trophy shoot it first...it's that simple :)

anyone ever had a hunting buddy that had such smelly feet that it made you dry heave?

Yep, my brother has the worst feet in the world, he usually gets his own tent. We were on a backpacking Elk trip a few years back and luckily he shared a tent with someone else but I got up one morning and his feet were hanging outside the door of the tent. When he woke up he said his buddy wouldn't let him keep them in the tent! :lol: We make him hang his boots down wind from camp. We have even burned his socks and tried to smoke out his feet. Nothin works.

My dad! I make him put his boots and socks outside. He keeps saying "are they that bad they dont bother me" :blink:

I love to get new people into hunting and fishing but it really drives me nuts when they become an instant trophy hunter. I have nothing against being a trophy chaser I just wish guys would enjoy being out in the woods or the desert instead of putting unnecessary pressure on themselves to shoot big bucks or bulls, especially when they are just getting into it. Lets get one little notch on your belt before we sing for the fence. Either way at least we're out n about.

I hate it when AZP&Y (Doug) always wants to stay the night at my house the day before the hunt!!! What nerve...LMAO

You know your always welcome...

My dad is like some that don't want a fire. I understand he does not want to smell like smoke especially bow hunting but man that is the whole experience but I don't really mind.

Everyone even me does stuff that drives others crazy or that's irritating. As long as they have fun and don't disrespect I don't mind. To have someone with you is better than being alone and getting hurt.

My dad is like some that don't want a fire. I understand he does not want to smell like smoke especially bow hunting but man that is the whole experience but I don't really mind

We change clothes when we get back to camp.

Have a friend who insists on listening to the Top Gun Soundtrack the entire 1.5 hour drive to our hunting area . Nedless to say , I always drive when I hunt with him now (for my own safety) to prevent me from jumping out of the truck !!!

Sounds like ur hunting buddy was tampered with early in life! Possibly a little lite in the loafers as a result!

Insist on warming up the pop up first thing in the morning after eating Scotty's moms beans!!!

REALLY??!

Had one guy that brought 2 gallons of pickled eggs and 2 cases of Schlitz beer. That is all he ate. After one night all of the deer and his hunting left the country. Never asked him to hunt again!

• Like 1

My dad is like some that don't want a fire. I understand he does not want to smell like smoke especially bow hunting but man that is the whole experience but I don't really mind

We change clothes when we get back to camp.

We do too but the smoke gets on your skin still and when you sweat you really can smell it.

Not like an elk or deer has never smelled wood smoke in the wild, right DesertBull?

Insist on warming up the pop up first thing in the morning after eating Scotty's moms beans!!!

REALLY??!

All 4 of us were feeling it that morning! That pop-up was warm though! :wacko: