twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

eat all your food and don't bring no dang beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

The snoring one is funny! And silence is a good thing for sure.

My hunting buddy doesn't try to describe areas as that branch or that bush.... He will simply point his finger and say look right at the end of where my finger is pointing!!!!!!'n ha ha ha ha h he's a great friend and a mass reloader so he is always welcome on my hunts.

• Like 1

I really don't have anything, the few buddies that I hunt with are great.

• Like 2

My dad and uncle talk to each other in their sleep. Even if their in separate houses they will argue with each other while sleeping (it's F'ing weird!!!) when we hunt or camp together I try to sleep far far away from the noise.

• Like 4

when your buddy jumps out of truck, runs to back of the truck to grab a beer, and doesnt get u won.

• Like 3

All of you that have a friend that snores...Been there, experienced that. I did however discover this thing called "Ear plugs" Seems to work great for me. Just saying

• Like 2

All of you that have a friend that snores...Been there, experienced that. I did however discover this thing called "Ear plugs" Seems to work great for me. Just saying

I know i snore like a bear, which is why i sleep in my truck camper AWAY from everyone else.
  • Like 1

I really like my hunting buddies, we just do whatever it takes to get the job done. The more misadventure the better the story when it's over. I like hunting with guys that know that misadventure and hardwork come with the territory. The guys that don't get that, don't hunt with us very long. We just roll with whatever happens and enjoy it as we go, Take Care, JLG.

Word.

here is what my bored elk hunting buddies do. make obscene snowmen.

attachicon.gifDSCN3225.JPG

Hilarious and creative!

Some good points made about having buddies and not taking life to seriously! I have come to the point that I now realize I may get pissed but the things that annoy you or things that go wrong are the things that make memories as much or more than the trophies. We still talk and laugh about the nightmare hunts and fights we have gotten in to on most trips now.

My dad usually stops everyone if it gets to serious. Best line "you should probably go somewhere else if your going to have your man period today" also has a way like some of you other older guys of asking "is something wrong with you!", makes you feel like your 12 and you just got scolded without saying anything else. Still works and we are alll in our forty's.

Take an old guy with you they are a great a$$ hole meter for everyone else and they have the best stories.

• Like 2

When they spend more time in camp than in the woods and don't split wood. :angry:

TJ

• Like 2

I guess I've been real fortunate in this regard. Theres only a couple guys I've hunted with over the last several and I'd be willing to go any where with either of them any time. Good guys.

Last couple years I've been taking my daughter along with me. We've done a couple backpacking hunts and she's a pretty tough little cookie. When she gets bored while im gassing she just lays down and cat naps on the rocks. Not bad for a thirteen year old. ;)

• Like 2

When you are all ready to go hunting at 2:30am like was planned and it is now 3:19 and I am still sitting on my couch reading cwt.com.

• Like 3