twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

Mine insists on dragging my old butt to the top of the highest peak to glass and then even higher and further from the truck to kill some little scrawny 110 inch little coues deer. Guess who I'll be huntingt with again this year.

• Like 1

My son and I always notice one of our pals inability to walk without kicking rocks. I just want to say "Really, we are hunting animals that see,hear,smell and run like the wind, pick your feet up Bro". Do you think it would hurt his feeling if we bought him a set of Bears Feet? ha

• Like 1

I hate it when AZP&Y (Doug) always wants to stay the night at my house the day before the hunt!!! What nerve...LMAO

You know your always welcome...

My dad is like some that don't want a fire. I understand he does not want to smell like smoke especially bow hunting but man that is the whole experience but I don't really mind.

Everyone even me does stuff that drives others crazy or that's irritating. As long as they have fun and don't disrespect I don't mind. To have someone with you is better than being alone and getting hurt.

That's funny about the fire, my old man told me "Would you rather smell like smoke which I'm sure the deer in this unit have smelled for years due to wild fires or smell like you do"? What's worse?

That's funny about the fire, my old man told me "Would you rather smell like smoke which I'm sure the deer in this unit have smelled for years due to wild fires or smell like you do"? What's worse?

Yep...the fire is part of the experience. Also makes my hunting buddies smell better. :D

Get the wind in your favor and don't worry about the smoke smell. Especially in the burns...smoke is a good cover scent!

Lots of places I hunt do not have burns though but will not worry next time. But guess what no fire no worries about cleaning it up or having to worry about it getting out of control. Heck I don't think we have had a fire built since I was in scouts back in the early 90s.

• Like 1

gotta good buddy that always has his heep oh i mean jeep ready to go before the other 2or 3 vehicles in camp are ready to go...lol...i'll drive...everybody knows its more comfortable to be a driver on that rough road to glassin spot than passenger...that said, top notch friend/brother.....

Went to help some in-laws hunting about 5 years ago. Their reason to go hunting was to get away from the wives and drink beer. They didn't like it that I made them work to get a deer. There was a whole pack of them. 2 Uncles, they're sons, grandsons, cousins. I looked like a human smuggler leading a big group of dark haired people through the bush.

• Like 2

anyone ever had a hunting buddy that had such smelly feet that it made you dry heave?

Eeeeeewwwww!

I have been that guy. I can't help it!! I have literally done everything i can possibly think of to have my feet not stink. Odor eaters, powder, gold bond in the blue bottle.... I've tried everything!

Reading this thread is not only comical but it reminds me of why I only have a few buddies that I will hunt with. I've hunted with a lot of guys and most of them only once. Lots of issues already mentioned but I once I took my new at the time neighbor deer hunting. He had a tag so I offered to help him. I showed up at his camp that morning and about an hour or two after light we finally left camp. Then I break out the tripod and binoculars and start glassing. He used his rifle to glass! I actually had to tell him where the other hunters were so he wouldn't use his rifle to look at them. Turns out he's never owned a pair of binoculars in his life. Nice guy but not really my style of hunting partner.

My BEST hunting partners will always be my dad and brother. Sometime we don't agree on how to approach a hunting situation, but the memories just wouldn't be the same without them. Hunting is always fun and a true passion of mine, but spending time with family is the one truly priceless thing in my life.

• Like 2

We always race to see who can set up our Swarovski binos quickest and spot the first deer.

It usually goes like this...

Me: "Ha. Set up!"

Him: "Deer".

I HATE THAT!

• Like 4

Reading this thread is not only comical but it reminds me of why I only have a few buddies that I will hunt with. I've hunted with a lot of guys and most of them only once. Lots of issues already mentioned but I once I took my new at the time neighbor deer hunting. He had a tag so I offered to help him. I showed up at his camp that morning and about an hour or two after light we finally left camp. Then I break out the tripod and binoculars and start glassing. He used his rifle to glass! I actually had to tell him where the other hunters were so he wouldn't use his rifle to look at them. Turns out he's never owned a pair of binoculars in his life. Nice guy but not really my style of hunting partner.

My BEST hunting partners will always be my dad and brother. Sometime we don't agree on how to approach a hunting situation, but the memories just wouldn't be the same without them. Hunting is always fun and a true passion of mine, but spending time with family is the one truly priceless thing in my life.

I have seen a guy doing that and had them point their gun at me to look at me. pretty scary.

Oh yeah and when they have to call and "check in" 6 times a day.

One of my buddies has a wife that calls him at least 5 time a day. Drives me bonkers, and he talks to her in this wimpy voice like he talking to a 2 year old. He's always up for an adventure though and he always brings good snacks too. I'm sure I drive him nuts cause I never leave my dog home unless I absolutely have to.

If it is that gorgeous Airedale Terrier I would leave the buddy at home before the four legged buddy without hesitation!