azcouesfanatic

Brothers with an AZ double

Well believe it or not my 16 year old brother drew a 4A rifle antelope tag. Wait it gets better my stepmom drew a 9 rifle antelope tag. For those of you who don't know I have triplet brothers and a sister that are all 16 so my stepmom signed her 9 tag over to my other brother. Its alway nice to be lucky. So needless to say we had some antelope to get after in two totally different parts of the state. Based on my limited time I contacted a couple good friends who I knew would be willing to help. Jay Scott and Darr Colburn agreed to help my brother and my dad in unit 9 since they were already up there scouting for the upcoming elk hunt. My good friend Daniel Franco agreed to help us in 4A. Typically I would be scouting as much as possible but with my wifes recent medical issues I was not able to get out at all.

I managed to make it up to 4A after the morning hunt on opening day and I spent the next day and a half with Daniel, Mike, Devon, Damon, and my brother Taylor looking for a shooter. To say it was tough would be an understatment. There were 7-8" bucks running 10--15 does. Friday night we did not see a buck over 10" and Saturday morning was much of the same. Finally mid morning on sunday we found a nice buck and decided to make a play on him. The buck ended up running right to us and my brother missed at 200 yards. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. A few hours later we found what appeared to be a nice buck at a very long distance. We cut the distance and Taylor and I made our way over while Daniel kept an eye on the buck. We were able to make within 380 yards of the bedded buck and his loan doe. After sitting in the sun for hours the buck finally got up and presented us with a shot. Taylor's shot was a little back but it did the trick. I got great video of this hunt and I will post it later. When we walked up to the buck man were we suprised. We knew the buck was heavy but we did not expect him to be as heavy as he was. The buck ended up scoring 81.5" with only a 13.6" horn and a 14.1" horn.

I sent a text picture over to Jay and Darr and to my suprise they sent me a text back stating Alex had just killed his buck. Jay and Darr had spotted a buck a long ways off so my dad and Alex cut the distance. As they were getting close to shooting distance some cattle spooked the heard of antelope. The buck took off and made one fatal mistake of stopping for a split second and my brother hammered him at 300 yards. Alex's buck is in the mid 70's.

I would like to thank Jay Scott, Darr Colburn, Daniel Franco, Mike Hancock, Devin Hancock, and Damon for all there great help.

post-3635-0-40005600-1347903406_thumb.jpg

post-3635-0-28965200-1347903417_thumb.jpg

post-3635-0-62037600-1347903427_thumb.jpg

Very cool going 2 for 2.

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations to everyone on their bucks. :)

TJ

Congrats guys! great looking bucks, the one your brother shot in 4A we have live pics of him. ill try to get them to you.

~Mark

this is cool. I also am a triplet and look forward to the day where my brother and I can both take an aminal together. hopefully it can happen on our december deer hunt. Congrats