Sign in to follow this  
azcouesfanatic

Dad does it again!!!!!

Well my dad managed to draw another bull tag this year. Last year he hunted hard and had some close calls but could never make it happen. This year he was looking for redemption. Thursday found us seated on a high perch overlooking some amazing elk country. As the sun fell behind the mountains we started hear some bulls bugleing and we got a glimpse of a couple nice bulls. Open morning came with much anticipation. I was perched high above a cedar/juniper flat while my dad picked his way through the bugling bulls looking for a bull worthy of his tag. We only located smaller bulls that morning. Mid-morning I began glassing a large mountain. Halfway up the mountain I spotted a giant bull pushing a dozen cows. I watched the bull work his way into a thicket with the cows and bed down. The plan was set and that afternoon my dad and Aaron made there way into the bulls bedroom. I watched them cover the 2 miles across to the bull. I could see the bull bugling but I could barely hear the bugles because I was so far away. As the sun was sinking fast the bull began to destroy a small tree. I knew my dad was close but I was not sure exactly how close. The next thing I know the bull jumps and I can see blood pouring out from behind the bulls shoulder. The bull ran into a thicket where I saw him bed. We decided to leave him over night and the next morning we tracked him to his final resting place. This is my dads best bull to date and to say he earned it would be an understatment. HIs bull scores 382 2/8" gross.

I would like to thank Aaron, Randy, Zak, and Chad for there help.

post-3635-0-28190500-1347904252_thumb.jpg

post-3635-0-81568300-1347904276_thumb.jpg

post-3635-0-09785700-1347904286_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

NICE JOB!

congrats to your dad on an Awesome bull!

must have been pretty cool to watch it all go down!

James

simply awesome! thanks for sharing all of the success your family has enjoyed over the past couple weeks. Congrats to your dad, what a bull!

Congratulations to your Dad on an awesome bull of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing his hunt with us and the pictures are great. :)

TJ