Sign in to follow this  
muleskinner

Wildcats

They sure looked a step slow during the first half. Might light a fire under their butt.

Pac 12

Team

Conf. W-L

Tot. W-L

Arizona St.

3-0

14-2

UCLA

3-0

13-3

Oregon

2-0

13-2

Washington

2-0

10-5

Arizona

2-1

14-1

Colorado

1-2

11-4

Stanford

1-2

10-6

California

1-2

9-6

USC

1-2

6-10

Oregon St.

0-2

10-5

Washington St.

0-2

9-6

Utah

0-3

8-7

• Like 3

Any of you big talking asu people want to bet who has the best record at the end of the season. You need to hide out during basketball season. ;)

Thom - Don't be coy, we all recognize that UA is a better team. I also recognize that they are OVER-RATED. I will bet you they finish outside the top 5.

so because ASU is not ranked nationally then we need to hide out? last I checked ASU has played the same teams the kitties have in conf play and have the same record. in fact the kitties barely squeaked by on two of those wins and could very easily be 1 - 3. The Devils have a good team. Do you even know who Carrick Felix is? He has been selected Pac12 player of the week twice this year. he is not even their best player, Jahii Carson is.

On the bright side, AZ carried the mantle for the conference in the non-conference slate and losing to Oregon actually helped in terms of allowing the conference gain some recognition. We now have 3 teams ranked in the top 25. I never thought the Cats would dominate. We are too young up front and these guys aren't consistent yet. Improving yes, but they disappear at times. Fortunately, there are a lot of options for Miller to mix'n match.

I wish Miller would play Gabe York more over Jordin Mayes who has limited upside.

Should be a good year. The conference is at its best when there are 5 or 6 good teams. I like seeing Oregon, UCLA, ASU do well. Much better than the days of Snow White (Lute) and the 9 dwarfs.

Consider how bad it was last year. Collectively, as a conference, the Pac12 did not have one win against a top 25 team. This year, we had several. UofA had two, UCLA beat Missou, Oregon beat UNLV, Colorado beat Baylor, ASU ... well, as a conference, we've done pretty well and should be getting better. 4 or 5 teams into the tournament this year instead of just 1.

• Like 1

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/rpi/index1

There is a reason why UA is getting national recognition and ASU is not. Here are some numbers for you ASU fans (hopefully you can understand them).

UA - RPI #3 and Strength of Schedule #8

ASU - RPI #57 and Strength of Schedule #122

Sure ASU is having a good year and if all goes well for them they may beat a few good teams and end up on the bubble for the tournament.

UA has the pieces in place to be a very high seed and make a deep run in the tournament.

ASU looks at the success of their season by how they did against UA. UA looks at the success of their season by how deep they go into the tournament (ASU is just another game along the way)

ASU also gets the benefit of playing teams the same week they play UA. Do you ASU fans really think that Colorado was mentally ready to play 2 days off of their emotional loss to UA? When PAC-12 teams first look at their schedule they circle their games with UA as big games and bring everything they have for those games (having a target on your back comes with the territory of being the powerhouse). By virtue of this, ASU gets overlooked. I hope that ASU can develop a winning program, it will make the Arizona road trip a tough one for all the other PAC-12 teams and like BirdDog20 said make the conference stronger.

• Like 1

Thom - Don't be coy, we all recognize that UA is a better team. I also recognize that they are OVER-RATED. I will bet you they finish outside the top 5.

LMAO you think that is a bad thing? id be happy any year they finish in the top 10. they will probably move ahead pretty good in the next couple of weeks since the top 10 have some pretty tough schedules and some play each other. they just need to win.

I always thought the over rated chant was one of the most ridiculous chants ever ... so basically you didn't beat a top ranked team, but a much lower one and thus you diminished your accomplishment.

• Like 1