rclouse79

Son of a &*^$ing *$^#!

Maybe I don't get it. And I've said this before... Is it that hard or doesn't it cost that much to use the vendors/systems that other states use any modify them to our states laws and guidelines? I've applied in other states for 8 yrs now and NEVER had any problems. Maybe I don't hear about them, I don't know.

For example, NM IMO has the best system. It's user friendly and simple. The draw back, they pull the full tag amount. But the draw is complete around 30 days. I'll pay the interest for thirty days so I don't get axed on the draw. No goat rope like we have every time! I would love to brag about how great our system is here in Az.

Has everyone forgotten that the selection process for these contracts is based on the LOW BID? You get what you pay for.

If they transition to online only I hope to heck they also move to full fee up front like the other states. It would resolve most if not all of the issues surrounding card cancellations and declined cards. These issues are EXACTLY the reason other states went to full fee up front. If it requires legislation, so be it. Pursue the legislation.

• Like 2

From now on I will be hand delivering a money order to the Game and Fish Department.

That's the way I do it every year.

One less thing to go wrong.

Can't you just write a check or money order and have nothing to worry about??? If you really don't trust the card or have issues write a check and wait for results.....

Sorry, I put the blame on the banks.If they see charges that MIGHT be suspicious they should call you before cancelling your card. What if you had an automatic deduction for life or auto insurance and had an accident? Or were out of town and using your credit/debit card to travel and got stranded with no money?

• Like 4

Sorry, I put the blame on the banks.If they see charges that MIGHT be suspicious they should call you before cancelling your card. What if you had an automatic deduction for life or auto insurance and had an accident? Or were out of town and using your credit/debit card to travel and got stranded with no money?

I totally agree . You would think the banks would try to communicate with there customer First before just locking up a card! Could really put a customer in a bad situation just shutting down a card like that.

• Like 1

I was reading over new posts and my stomach just sank. Last Thursday I called because my credit card had been canceled for some stupid security breach reason. Yup you guessed it, same card I put in for the elk draw. I want to break something right now so bad. I went on the site to update my info, but I know it is too late. Time to go sell something and buy and out of state tag.

The deadline to update your card info was Mar 18 Monday night at 11:59. Did you get it done since last Thursday and this Monday night? That would be a relief if so.

Same thing happened with all 6 of the B o A cards in my family. We got letters saying that B o A had some kind of issue with something i don't remember and sent us all new cards. Luckily me and my brother put our apps on different cards but not so lucky for my grandpa.

Same thing happened with all 6 of the B o A cards in my family. We got letters saying that B o A had some kind of issue with something i don't remember and sent us all new cards. Luckily me and my brother put our apps on different cards but not so lucky for my grandpa.

This is how mine went a few years ago. I did not even know my card was cancelled until I saw my new card in the mail. Then i read the letter and it basically stated that there was a "chance " my info was comprimised.

+1 on full fees. I apply in New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming and they all charge your card up front. If they get rid of paper apps, the only way to go, is up front fees.

Brent

I totally agree . You would think the banks would try to communicate with there customer First before just locking up a card! Could really put a customer in a bad situation just shutting down a card like that.

I guess its pretty hard for them to call since most of their employees live in a cave in Pakistan and don't speak English.

Our whole family gets put in on a B of A credit card every year with more than 12 apps for 6 people. We drew last year and again this year. Never had them reject any of the the tags we draw or cancel for multiple of the same charges. Sorry to hear your bad news though.

I use Chase and you can sign up for fraud alert's. They text you if they see anything . I called Chase last week and told them AZ game and fish might be charging the card so anything you see from them is ok. They said ..ok, that info is on your screen now.

Can't you just write a check or money order and have nothing to worry about??? If you really don't trust the card or have issues write a check and wait for results.....

I wouldnt be able to put my family in for elk or antelope if it wasnt for the online system. I had to put in my brother last year online because i didnt have the funds. For me its the online system or nothing and that goes for all the draws we have here in az.

Yeah, I've used the same card year after year, and this is the first time this happened - but clearly it does happen.

For those who are advocating paying in full, up-front, I understand where you are coming from, but personally I like being able to put myself and all my kids in for all kinds of hunts, and only paying for what we draw.

I'll put it this way, when I first started putting my sons in for elk and antelope, there was no online system, so you paid it all up-front. I ended up putting them in for only bonus points for antelope, since it just became too expensive. On the other hand, pay the $7.50 up front for the app fee, and then whatever gets drawn, I can put them and myself in for more hunts.

I know there are pros and cons each way, I'm grateful for the ability to pay the app fees up-front, then for those tags we actually draw.