Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Stray Cats

Not Legally. But unless you have 40 acres in my opinion you need to keep your cat in the house if you live in the city. I don't know of any city that has a leash law for cats and 99% of all cat owners never get them fixed, give them shots or put a collar on them and let em roam all over the place then whine about them getting into stuff they shouldn't ingest when they die which is usually the worst for the little kids to deal with.

They kill way too many birds, get into and strew garbage all over the place and poop everywhere.

Filthy little animals.

Contact animal control. Rent a trap from them. Catch cats and turn them in to animal control. That is the only legal way to do it in the city that I'm aware of.

They will charge you 20 bucks to turn the cat in.......Lure them into your garage......

I agree Prdatr.

Swivelhead I checked out city of mesa eebsite from what I read they wont do anything. Maybe I should call them tomorrow.

I felt like breaking out the AR the other day when one was on the hood of my truck scratching it as I came outside and it was trying to runaway.

You can buy one of those Have-a-Heart traps and create a Feline Relocation Program. 20' of rope and a canal is a real cattitude adjustment or you can just give them dietary supplements readily available in the automotive dept.

• Like 1

Ugh! This topic gets my BP going! Lol

I hate those vermin! At least once a week a pile of feathers appears in my yard. They use my garden as a giant litter box! I'm at wits end. I used a hav-a-heart trap for awhile. Caught 6 of those basstirds! Unfortunately, it appears that for every one I remove, two would show up to replace them!

My garden trail cam is full of cats. One even has a collar with a cute bow and bells. Clearly someone's house cat. :(

I sure wish my neighbors would keep their cats inside.

post-3865-0-14875100-1364873863.jpgYou could put up a sign and try to find their owner, just like this guy did. :-)

• Like 1

In my old neighborhood id trap them in my back yard with a cage trap and release them about a mile way behind a supermarket where there was alreasy a huge stray catcommunity.

• Like 1

My dad used to blunt them with his old Grand Slam in my Grandma's yards. After a while, that stopped working so he used a dietary supplement from the automotive department and tuna fish. Worked like a charm! No more cats, and more birds! Win-win.

• Like 1

You can buy one of those Have-a-Heart traps and create a Feline Relocation Program. 20' of rope and a canal is a real cattitude adjustment or you can just give them dietary supplements readily available in the automotive dept.
Thats a good idea I have a canal right behind me. Haha

Maybe I can trap them and go sell them to Fili B's down the street.

• Like 2

If you catch em I'll take them, I don't have 40 acres (only 8) we use cats as tools where I'm at, no stray cat issues cause the wild life takes care of them. I've lost around 10 good barn cats in 5 years. The wife just picked up 2 new kittens. I guess we'll try again with these two. Good for the bug and mice population.

Might not be legal in the city but subsonic .22 work wonders without all the noise of a regular .22. I assure you you will not be the only person the the east alley area doing it.