plang00

End Bonus Points!!

You're really b!tching about drawing a tag once every three years and then having to wait a whopping 2 weeks to find out what you drew? Boo hoo, go get your self a Kleenex and some Vagisil. I haven't been drawn in 10 years, and my brother only drew a Jr's only tag once out of three years.

• Like 2

I'm baffled as to why your whining. Az has hooked u up. Aren't u also the one who killed the giant antelope when u were just a kid? I've never had a goat tag. Someone's spoiled if u ask me.

Only way to make it a truly fair system is to go to a preference point system IMO. I do not think its right that someone can draw tags 4 out of 6 years while someone else doesn't receive even one during that same period of time. This is the system that I would prefer here in Az. We have incredible Elk hunting here, and its a shame that people don't get to experience it because they aren't "lucky" enough to win the lottery. The only reason I can see people rejecting this system would be greed.; Under a preference point system, you still have to apply every year, so the G&F still gets the same revenue, and you would KNOW that every X amount of years, you are hunting. I doubt the state would ever change the system but I really think if we are interested in being fair, this is; the way to go...also, I think the only people that should be able to transfer a tag to a youth hunter should be the kids parents. Too many people have several family members applying with no intent of taking the tag. Bottom line is, all of us here love Elk hunting and I just want it to be a fair chance for all.

I've drawn 2 Bull tags in 23 years, and this yahoo is complaining about his 9 bull tags and having to wait 2weeks... seriously! Try waiting 10 years for very tag you get. Whiner!

• Like 1

Only way to make it a truly fair system is to go to a preference point system IMO. I do not think its right that someone can draw tags 4 out of 6 years while someone else doesn't receive even one during that same period of time. This is the system that I would prefer here in Az. We have incredible Elk hunting here, and its a shame that people don't get to experience it because they aren't "lucky" enough to win the lottery. The only reason I can see people rejecting this system would be greed.; Under a preference point system, you still have to apply every year, so the G&F still gets the same revenue, and you would KNOW that every X amount of years, you are hunting. I doubt the state would ever change the system but I really think if we are interested in being fair, this is; the way to go...also, I think the only people that should be able to transfer a tag to a youth hunter should be the kids parents. Too many people have several family members applying with no intent of taking the tag. Bottom line is, all of us here love Elk hunting and I just want it to be a fair chance for all.

The system as it is is as fair as it gets. It's like getting put into a big raffle. Guys with more bonus points bought more tickets to get put in but does that guy always win the raffle? Just like my friend who at every hunting banquet we go to wins a new rifle or shot gun worth 600 bucks and I win nothing. Some people just get lucky. I don't think the banquet should stop giving him the guns and give them to someone else since he got one last year. It's just how it goes in the luck of the draw. If you want to hunt a bull that bad put in for a hunt with better odds. Top of the line rifle hunts are guaranteed at least every 15-20 years if you wanna wait.

Like bc777 said "If you want to hunt a bull that bad put in for a hunt with better odds." I have friends that are in this rut, they have accumulated so many points they continue to put in for the 1 to 2% draw hunts. Then I have friends that get drawn almost every year by putting in for the Limited Opportunity hunts. Me, I would like to have a tag every few years so I stay away from the early rifle 9 and 10 zoo.

I like to keep things positive so here goes, Posts like this stir the pot of negativity. As each one of us responds to such an unbelievable post with anger and disgust, Plague00 (it's in the name) sits back and laughs at the conversation he has started. He drew a great tag, we all know the late hunts are tough but the unit has Big Bulls that survive that hunt each year. Increase your time in the field and MAKE that tag a GREAT one. My only other advice to all who read this is, Please do not put in for a tag that you wont respect or utilize, as many would gladly take your spot without complaining. Many Blessings on a successful hunt.

• Like 3

Lol, was this rant inspired by getting sauced? With your record if getting drawn you have nothing to complain about, big deal that you had to wait two weeks to find out what tag.

With all due respect bc777, your analogy is off base. We arw talking about an oppurtunity here that we only get the prize( elk hunting) if we get " lucky" enough to win the lottery. In a raffle, the prize is usually something that any one of us can go buy any day of the week. All of us here must absolutely love the dream of going elk hunting due to the number of posts. I really believe if you are able to step back and look at this objectively, the only way that it can be truly FAIR, is with preference points. I know this isnt very popular with some folks given that we want to hold out hope that we might be the one to go on a long run of luck. However, this hope is only based on our belief that somehow it makes sense that I should have more oppurtunity to go archery bull hunting than someone else?! We all live here and pay taxes and go camping and everything else that goes along with it, I just think we should all have the same oppurtunities to go hunting. Please dont take this as a rant or a pushback, I have been lucky enough to have some great tags in my life. I just see the odds of getting drawn steadily decreasing and I would love to be able to count on going hunting a few more times in my career.I would think as Sportsman, most of us feel this way. Also understand that I realize this is probably never going to happen...

I say square your current number of bonus points so ungrateful lucky peeps like yourself can give some of your bull tags to the people who have been waiting longer than you.

• Like 1

people must have a short memory, it wasn't that long ago Az. didn't have a bonus pt. system and guess what people complained then, a bonus pt. system was started and guess what some still complaining. IMO Az. has the best of both basically we have a preference pt. with the 20% pass and then the bonus pt. system with the other 80% of tags. I know its heartbreaking to see people talk about their 4th tag in a row and you haven't had a tag ever but that is just the way it is sometimes. If you want to hunt elk bad enough learn the system and go.

I drew a bull elk tag in 2002 with 12 bp and now have 13 bp I won't complain ill just be patient and enjoy the time when it comes around. Also have 20 bp for speed goat .

Az draw system is just fine!!! Its luck of the draw some get lucky some don't if you don't like it don't play the game. you can't make everyone happy someone is always gonna wine about the way things are.

• Like 1