Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

New Jaguar Pics

WOW! That is just awesome to have so many pictures of him. I don't know if I would give out his location after what happened the last time. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

• Like 1

Lance, you just hit the trail camera jack pot! Thanks so much for sharing these great pictures. Just sit on that location and keep it to yourself...but send an occasional pic our way.

• Like 1

Just saw this story on azcentral. Is this the same jaguar you've capture on your trailcams? I've compared specific rosette markings on both, and it appears its the same jaguar.

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Photos-show-male-jaguar-roams-in-Ariz-mountains-213423641.html

Yes, after Game and Fish & USFWS gave out the general location, everybody and there brother are now hunting for him with their trail cameras. I personally know of 6 different hunters with pictures of him. All but one of those hunters have declined to share them with G&F. I now have over 40 different pictures of him. Game and Fish likes to claim that these cats are roaming males just cruising north of the border looking for mates. But this Jaguar seems to debunk their junk science, as he has been constantly here for at least two years now. This is his home turf, and he has a pattern of how he moves thru this mountain range. I have basically got his picture twice a month now for almost two years. What a magnificent cat he is! I just fear that G&F and USFWS have issued his death sentence by giving out too much information on his location.

• Like 2

Ok, thanks for the update. Too bad about the location info sharing. Yes, he's an amazing animal!

So far it is just that one tom. And he has been spotted quite a bit in the Rosemont area from what I have heard...I doubt it will shut the mine down. Lance, I think addicted is an understatement. lol!

Yes, after Game and Fish & USFWS gave out the general location, everybody and there brother are now hunting for him with their trail cameras. I personally know of 6 different hunters with pictures of him. All but one of those hunters have declined to share them with G&F. I now have over 40 different pictures of him. Game and Fish likes to claim that these cats are roaming males just cruising north of the border looking for mates. But this Jaguar seems to debunk their junk science, as he has been constantly here for at least two years now. This is his home turf, and he has a pattern of how he moves thru this mountain range. I have basically got his picture twice a month now for almost two years. What a magnificent cat he is! I just fear that G&F and USFWS have issued his death sentence by giving out too much information on his location.

Well said Lance, that's why I keep my mouth shut anymore, even with the ocelots. And I have no doubt that you are 100% right about the "C" Spot tom and his range.

• Like 1

It's posted on Yahoo now.

Just read it. The last sentence of the article....."Federal wildlife officials are considering whether to designate more than 1,300 square miles in New Mexico and Arizona as a critical habitat for the jaguar."

Hang on boys, we are headed for a ride!!!! :(

If the Rosemont mine becomes like the Morenci Mine as far as wildlife in the surrounding area then all the wacko left wing opponents of this proposed mine should welcome the new mining activity. Morenci has the best sheep herd in the state which is utilized by AGFD to transfer the sheep to "less desirable habitat" around the state. What the wacko "environmentalists" seem to be naive about is the mining districts provide excelllent habitat for deer, sheep and other wildlife since they have less predators to wipe out those endangered species!

• Like 1