Way to go! After reading several of your bear hunting stories over the years, you really need to carry around a gopro or cameraman or something! This would make awesome video! Great story and Congrats!

I CAN'T wait until fall bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sniper, keith and I were just talking about that. He really needs a gopro.

Adam

Congrats on your exciting bear hunt. Now you can respond to your other post about anyone shooting a spring bear yet haha! Good job and awesome write up.

Keith, you're awesome man ! Way to go...I think you need a TV show like Steve Rinella and a few endorsements from only the best hunting companies...LOL...you show us all what it takes and yes sometimes it is so hard but you do have a knack for making it look easy.

And I know how you feel sleeping like that in the open in bear country...! It is so nice to sleep outside. It's 99% safe until you get that 1% chance one hungry curious and smart bear that knows you are alone and wants to take a bite like the one that bit that fellow sleeping in the cabin they were building last summer.

I slept in my 1 man tent last weekend with my pistol very nearby, and while no bear got curious, some red winged fire-ant looking thing must've taken about 20-30 bites on my stomach...ouch. Funny what I was nervous about and funny what got me. There are some mean bugs and critters out there in the summer...

Lonne

Incredible hunt and story. Nice job. Also.. I always learn something from you in this case how a bear may use it's exact entry route when on the way back out and threatened. Sweet color to that bear and to call it in like that wow. Nate.

Congrats on the bear, thats a lot of hard work.....also congrats on perhaps the sexiest kill pic ive ever seen!

• Like 1

Congrats on the bear, thats a lot of hard work.....also congrats on perhaps the sexiest kill pic ive ever seen!

Sorry Keith, but that's funny! I almost spit my drink out:)

Adam

Awesome story! I agree that this should be in a magazine. It actually felt like I was reading a hunting magazine, haha. Congrats on your bear!

Way to be dude,, Good job locating , calling and killing that nice bear. I'd be throwing that release in the trash ! Lucky you didn't run out of arrows.

I understand that little bit of crazy TJ was talking about. Dem bears get in your blood for sure. When you're on a bear , fear isn't a consideration. When reflecting back is when you think about how that bruin might have Et' me for a snack !

Congratulations on a job well done .

Our archery bear opens up the 3rd Saturday in August . I'm ready to go now ! : )

I want to thank everyone for all the positive comments they posted. In addition, I think it is only fitting to also compliment our own Game & Fish Agency in a day and age where it is so commonplace to bash them. They do make mistakes, like all of us, but sometimes they do things that increase you opinions and respect for them. Case in point; I was heading back into the valley with my bear, and Big Brown's called ahead and asked the Mesa office if they would remain open for me to check my bear in sometime between 5 and 5:30 pm after they had technically closed. I was a nobody, yet they said they would wait for me behind locked doors until 5:30. They surely did not have to do that. The agent who checked my sow was very friendly and showed no negative attitude whatsoever for having to stay late at work until 5:40 pm to deal with me. He was very professional, and provided the best treatment that I have ever received when checking in an animal with them (I have checked in six animals). I repeatedly thanked him for waiting for me, and he responded that it was no problem at all. What a refreshing, favorable, and definitely unexpected experience from our Game & Fish!

• Like 2