Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Bun in the oven

Well I am a proud father of two little boys (5 & 4). And today we found out that in December we will welcome our first (and only!) daughter to our family. I am still a little stunned, I always saw myself as a father of sons. Any of you experienced fathers of daughters got any sage advice???

Congrats!!! Read the post below this; "Hunter 1st Javelina"

You will have some more fun taking a daughter hunting too.

I have proof! Again, Congrats and enjoy the years to come.....

You have 16 years to practice with every gun you have for when the 1st boy comes over……..lol! Congrats! Girls are great!

Congratulations! Cherish every minute, because in no time they are grown and gone. Life moves so fast.

• Like 1

Congrats! I was like you when we found out we had a girl on the way.

Little girls like playing in the mud just as much as little boys. Teach her all the good stuff about the outdoors and you'll be fine.

• Like 3

All I made were girls. I have a 21 year old and nearly 3 year old twins. They have brought me insurmountable joy. You will learn what it means to be an over-protective father or what it is like to be wrapped around a little finger or to experience the phenomenon of daddy's girl. It is all I have known, and it is awesome. Congratulations!

You'll be ok for the first 13 years or so. After that, lord be with you.

• Like 4

Congrats Man! Be ready to be wrapped around her pinkey toe because it's a forgone conclusion. Treat her just like her brothers, girls are tough! My daughter likes the wrestle just as much as my boy and she's not scared of any creepy crawler. And she absolutely LOVES to fish!

Oh, also, there was something about the pitch or tone of my daughters cries that drove me absolutely bonkers. Almost like a baby cottontail varmint call, so be ready for that...

Teach her to hunt, fish and shoot well! This is very intimidating to teenage boys. My daughter engages in hunting conversation at school. After she tells them she has 4 guns, a bow a 5x5 elk she shot at 10yrs old, they are confused and bewildered. The boys are intimidated and the prissy girls are scared! Perfect! Hope it lasts a few more years.

Congrats!! Girls are awesome!

• Like 2

Congratulations! Cherish every minute, because in no time they are grown and gone. Life moves so fast.

+1

You'll be ok for the first 13 years or so. After that, lord be with you.
+ 1 I say my daughters made me who I am they are fun but they are harder then boys. God did bless me with a boy (the last one) but girls are awesome my youngest girl gets mad when I go hunting without her she is only 4. All babies are a blessing you will be fine but she will be the hardest fighter in the family with two older brothers

Thanks for all the advice and positive comments guys. I was never intimidated by the thought of raising boys, but since we found out all I can think about is all the hormones, and the tea parties, and the boys, and the dances, and someday some guy wanting to marry her. I want to go back and apologize to the father of every girl I ever picked up for a date and apologize for being so cavalier with their little girl. The thought of all this completely blows my mind. I can't wrap my head around it.

• Like 2

Flatlander, don't sweat it! You'll do fine. Just love her with all you've got and everything will work out just fine. I have two girls, and there was no instruction manual! They are 26 and 23 now and they are both well grounded, successful, and happy! They did everything I did, hunt, fish, camp, boat, ect.......until they were teens, then they sorta went the boys, Mall, social thing. Do worry, it's all good! I'm hoping I get a Grandson some day....but a Granddaughter would still make me very happy! Just enjoy the ride. It goes Very fast!

John

• Like 1