trphyhntr

Got a new Hoyt but..

update: i talked to ed who i believe is the owner and he was cool and gave me a refund of my money.

I had my bow restrung there once, 4 WEEKS AND 10 CALLS LATER, I went there to just pick it up and tell them to F-off. It was done, MIRACULOUSLY, but the peep sight and the kisser button weren't set for me. And I think a toddler could've done a better job at splicing. I took it right to Christain at Bass pro and, after he laughed at what they did, fixed everything for me in an hour. Talk to Hoyt and get it replaced, then take it to Bass pro. Oh, and never step foot in that place again.

see this is the problem. people say to shop local, so i do and this is what happens. should have just gone to BPS or Cabelas I guess.[/

Yep, whatever you end up buying, I'd take it to BPS to get it all set up.

I have been going to bear mountain ever sense I have been hunting archery and never had a bad experience !! I visit them once a year for arrows, strings, ex and never have had any issues. Sounds uncharacteristic of that shop..

ive been going there off and on for 20+ years, since i was probably 6 years old.

You can still shop local. Just use the sponsors on this site ie AHQ, Bull basin, etc. In all sincerity Amanda does a great job screening the sponsors and whether they are guides, taxidermists pro shops whatever, they are all top notch. She keep out the riff-raff so you know you can trust them.

That is ridiculous. I went there a few weeks back for some inserts, and the guy was no help at all. Kind of a D_CK actually.

You should call Hoyt and tell them what BM is trying to pass off as "new" and tell them that when you questioned it you were berated and told to leave the store. You should tell Hoyt that you want a new bow or a refund.

Also, next time you want a Hoyt, go the Archery Headquarters. They are fantastic guys, do a great job servicing bows, and it is still a local business. I'd have bought my new Obsession Knightmare there if they carried them. Had to order one from a guy on AT.

update: i talked to ed who i believe is the owner and he was cool and gave me a refund of my money.

I had my bow restrung there once, 4 WEEKS AND 10 CALLS LATER, I went there to just pick it up and tell them to F-off. It was done, MIRACULOUSLY, but the peep sight and the kisser button weren't set for me. And I think a toddler could've done a better job at splicing. I took it right to Christain at Bass pro and, after he laughed at what they did, fixed everything for me in an hour. Talk to Hoyt and get it replaced, then take it to Bass pro. Oh, and never step foot in that place again.

see this is the problem. people say to shop local, so i do and this is what happens. should have just gone to BPS or Cabelas I guess.

There are still a handful of awesome local shops (some are site sponsors). The problem with these big places is that they dont always carry local or regionaly specific products like the smaller stores do, and they normally dont have the same level of expertise (with exceptions). BPS is good because Christian and Jerry work there, but I cant tell you how many times ive had people that dont know their head from their you know what trying to help me at the big stores.

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

I might rub Some people the wrong way What is the whole purpose of this thread? If your displleased with the service or the products handle it accordingly. Customer Service in general has gone downhill over the past decade. No suprise. I have zero ties with the archery shop here in question but I'm not in the business of running to a forum to solve my consumer problems. Shoot half of the fast food joints forget to give you straws with beverages or nuggets without dipping sauce but you don't go online and parade it to the masses. Play the game how it should be played and give them the opportunity to make it right. If they fail to follow through call 3 on your side. Jk then you can escalte the issue at hand to the proper facikities.Or write Hoyt. Apolgies for being brash I blame the heat

• Like 1

I won't go into detail, but my experiences with the archery department at Bear Mountain have all been terrible. The guy is a rude condescending jerk who treats anyone with the audacity to ask him a question like they just burned down an orphanage and then celebrated by kicking puppies and kittens. Several years ago when I was first thinking about getting into archery I stopped by there to ask a few questions about finding a bow and getting started in the sport. The guy made me feel like such an idiot that I walked away and didn't get into archery until a couple of years later. The rest of the staff is only slight better . I still shop Bear Mountain on occasion because of convenience or supply shortages, but only if I know exactly what I am looking for and never for archery equipment. I also go in fully expecting to be treated poorly which is why I go in, get my stuff, and get out.

Fortunately, every other archery shop/department I have gone to has been the complete opposite. I work right by Bass Pro an spend a lot of my lunch breaks there browsing. Stan, who I beliive is their department manager, always greets me when he sees me, shares stories, tips, etc and is a great guy. Tom at Sportsman's is just as friendly and helpful. I've never been to AHQ because they are a bit out of my way, but I've heard great things. Next time I'm looking for a bow I'm also definitely going to check out Broken Arrow Archery because of all the great stuff I've heard on here.

Most archers are great guys and always willing and eager to help out a fellow archer. Shame Bear Mountain still hasn't figured this out

The owner of Bear Mountain, Ed is a good guy. However I only shop there when needed due to a employee Howey, who worked behind the counter. Bear mountain was or still is a sponsor of this site ran a deal for CW members to make them a offer on any gun and they would negotiate a good deal on a gun. So I went in trying to negotiate a price and the first thing Howey gave me so much crap about trying to buy a rifle below the marked price. Anyways I bought my first water balloon launcher from them when I was 8 years old, my first deer/elk rifle, and other rifles from them and now I have been there maybe 2 times in the last 5 years. I will only deal with Ed, for I really do believe he is a good guy. For Howey he can go F himself, I never been so mad in my life at someone who tried to talk down to me, but did not let him. I know he has friends on here and hope they relay the message.

I might rub Some people the wrong way What is the whole purpose of this thread? If your displleased with the service or the products handle it accordingly. Customer Service in general has gone downhill over the past decade. No suprise. I have zero ties with the archery shop here in question but I'm not in the business of running to a forum to solve my consumer problems. Shoot half of the fast food joints forget to give you straws with beverages or nuggets without dipping sauce but you don't go online and parade it to the masses. Play the game how it should be played and give them the opportunity to make it right. If they fail to follow through call 3 on your side. Jk then you can escalte the issue at hand to the proper facikities.Or write Hoyt. Apolgies for being brash I blame the heat

50 cent dipping sauces and buying a $500 bow and be yelled at and thrown out of the store you bought it at are not the same. i was never obnoxious or did anything to provoke his reaction

• Like 5

Archery headquarters in Phoenix area and Bull Basin with Jesse and Josh in Tucson...when I first moved to Tucson, I used to drive to AHQ to have my bow worked on. Until I met Jesse in Tucson.

I could be wrong but I am thinking Ed got word of this thread and decided to make it right before he lost anymore customers. I have bought many firearms from them and never had a problem. I will be purchasing a bow next yr and I definately will not be buying from them. When I was in there one time just looking the guy at the archery counter was talking trash about a customer that was just in there. That didnt sit well with me.

The hunting community is small and we have many choices to choose from where we buy and good customer service is a must for me at least.

• Like 3

Well if the Owner knows about this thread, what he needs to do is fire the JERK behind the Archery Counter. The guy is a total TOOL.

I don't care if the guy is your Brother in Law, your Brother, your Dad, or just some guy with dirt on you ... you don't keep an employee who drives away your customers unless you want to go out of business. PERIOD.

• Like 2

I was an archery tech at Bear Mountain about 10 years ago, that was back when it was clean and kept up, and we (or at least I) had super customer service. Now I don't even like stepping foot in that place because it is so run down, messy, dirty, you name it. Plus the service I got there, even being a past employee, was absolute crap. Back in the day we would have called Hoyt to get the issue resolved for the customer. If I were you I would call Hoyt personally and let them know of your problem, I would also be sure to let them know how the Bear Mountain employee (name him specifically) handled your situation so poorly. Then I would see about putting in a complaint to the BBB about Bear Mt. There is no reason that you should have gotten treated that way, the customer is always right. Good luck with everythin!

I have had a couple bad experiences at Bear Mountain and will never step foot inside that place. Im surprised they are still in business.