Sign in to follow this  
GWHunter

Hunter Nightmare

Besides a family and truck, what is the one thing you should never steal from a redneck?

If you are thinking "Guns"..... BINGO

Four days ago, someone or someones broke into my home and stole all of my guns. I am absolutely disgusted right now, and am at a loss as to how I am going to pull off this years hunts. On top of the guns, these ##@#$ stole my Swarovski 10x42s, GPS and Leupold range finder. I have already taken steps to secure my residence, filed the required police reports, and contacted my insurance company. Replacing the firearms will not be difficult, but there is no way I can replace my grandfathers, Remington 1100 and my dad's Ithica 12 gauge semi-auto. Was the only two things I have of theirs.

From my hunter comrades out there, I ask for your prayers as I deal with all this.

Thank you

GWHunter

GW I feel for you. There is nothing lower than a thief. They steal your stuff and leave you with an insecure feeling, not to mention the unreplacable sentimental value. Hold onto your memories, and remember there is a special place in H3ll for this type of scum.

Wow, that's tragic, especially losing your grandfathers gun. I hope you get them back somehow. Post up details including serial numbers, maybe someone here will happen to see it at a pawn shop.....

I hate to hear that. One of my biggest fears. Sorry for your loss and I sure hope that you get them back. If you think they may return leave an old junker "bait" gun available with a half empty box of shells stuffed full of pistol powder. Revenge is sweet!

Gwhunter sorry to hear about break in. I was broken into in 2007 at my house. The thieves stayed in my house and ate lots of taco bell and even drank 4 beers while they plundered my belongings. Lost several guns and my 12000 dollar entertainment system including a 73 inch tv.On top of all this they also got my 660 grizzly quad from the garage. This stuff makes you feel so violated and the peaceful feeling i had at my home took a while to come back. The good new is that they caught the thief about 3 months later and i got my quad back, but no guns. It was awesome to help in the prosecution of the thief as he received 10 years for the offense. Even though i had the last laugh it still sucked. Dont give up hope you might get a gun or 2 back!!!

my thoughts and prayers go out to you, hope you get lucky on the retrevial

Man sorry to here that. Same thing happened to me in 09, they took everything. They got $8500 worth! So i feel what your going through. One thing i really really hate is a thief!

Dang sorry to hear this. If u need anything such as optics for a hunt dont hesitate to ask

Besides a family and truck, what is the one thing you should never steal from a redneck?

If you are thinking "Guns"..... BINGO

Four days ago, someone or someones broke into my home and stole all of my guns. I am absolutely disgusted right now, and am at a loss as to how I am going to pull off this years hunts. On top of the guns, these ##@#$ stole my Swarovski 10x42s, GPS and Leupold range finder. I have already taken steps to secure my residence, filed the required police reports, and contacted my insurance company. Replacing the firearms will not be difficult, but there is no way I can replace my grandfathers, Remington 1100 and my dad's Ithica 12 gauge semi-auto. Was the only two things I have of theirs.

From my hunter comrades out there, I ask for your prayers as I deal with all this.

Thank you

GWHunter

got my house broken into earlier this year and my bow was stolen. being stolen from is the worst feeling in the world, want to hurt the person that did it but cant do a thing. sorry the loss of the keep sake guns. sick bastards, theyll get theirs one way or another.

How awful. Scum bags.

My neighbors across the street had there back door kicked in and stole 3 pistols and some cameras all while they went to the store for an hour total. I just ordered a home security camera set up with 4 cameras that record to a dvr setup. for less then 200. I also have a big safe too. I hope you get the guns back!

Gw I'm sorry to hear about your loss. For everyone that has ever been robbed I would highly recommend getting one of these and train it. There is hands down no better security system out there! A thief will still come into your house if the alarm is going off knowing they have a few seconds to grab what they can and go, but I guarantee they won't if they know their arms and legs have the potential of being shredded! I hate thieves and I hope you are able to find them and they get what they deserve!

post-4451-0-48244700-1375739521_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Really bad deal to hear, extremely sorry to hear of this. Hope it all ends up better than it feels right now and it will.

Maybe if you can stand it, you could let us know some of the security or lack there of that you had so we can all learn.

I am paranoid since this has happened to me on a small scale so I have security cams recording, security monitored system on the house and I have a very large bolted down safe. MOst valued items are in safe deposit box.

Nothing is full proof but we do what we can.

I was leaning into another gun purchase a while back and decided I needed to get my guns and ammo out of the closet and went for the safe instead of adding more guns that could be grabbed with no resistance.

One other item is I video and computer cataloged all items including serial numbers so the insurance idiots cant screw me like in the past. This includes all items in the house like furniture and cars and everything.