Sign in to follow this  
UAhunter

Unit 10, Family affair 3 bucks down

After 18yrs of waiting for me and almost 30yrs for parents, we got drawn for Unit 10. Turned out to be one of the most fun/memorable hunts I have ever been on. Reluctantly we paid the $60per person fee to hunt the Big Boquillas Ranch and it turned out to be well worth the unfortunate price. After a long morning of glassing from higher grounds along the Aubrey Cliffs overlooking the valley, we decided to make a 2 mile stalk on a small herd that we “thought” had a large buck we had seen the day before; we got within 75yrds only to find does. Slightly disappointed we headed back to the truck for lunch, while eating and glassing my mother picked up a heard 2 miles or so away with several great looking studs. After getting into a position that we could make our stalk, we had wind in our face and a small knoll separating us and the goats. We reached the peak of the hill and covered by a small tree; my mother, father and I got into shooting position. I was to shoot first but had to wait because a smaller buck blocked the shot, after 10 min the opportunity presented itself. The bedded buck did not even have a chance to get up; 150yrd shot by my 300WSM XBolt rolled him over while the rest of the herd stood up. Mom hesitated, started to panic and shot the smallest buck in the herd while my father took the last shot at the other stud in the herd. After some small cheers, we went to retrieve our trophy’s and my father’s goat got up and took off, unfortunately for the goat he received a 300WSM suppository that ended up tearing off his jaw. Opening day and in 30seconds the hunt was over! This hunt was an amazing experience that I will never forget, I am truly lucky to share it with my parents. Mr. Cole Van Winkle with CMC SkullWorks is going to work his magic and also shortly give us rough scores.

post-3646-0-23912200-1378754172_thumb.jpgpost-3646-0-34249900-1378754296_thumb.jpgpost-3646-0-32263100-1378754478_thumb.jpgpost-3646-0-45154300-1378754339_thumb.jpgpost-3646-0-89985200-1378754627_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great bucks, congrats. I have been on a couple of cool antelope hunts but never one with 3 tags, thats great!!!

Man! That's REALLY REALLY REALLY spectacular that you got to experience this hunt with both of your parents! So rare to do here in Az and you three did it in splendid fashion.

Big time congratulations!

• Like 2

That is a great story. Your 300wsm did a number on that buck! Congrats to all of you.