Yuma Archer

New #2 bull elk

i mean if the 13 year old wants to be in a magazine and if theres a better chance of making it if no pics get out, i guess theres nothing wrong with that.

If it's as big of a bull as they claim.. It'll be in the magazines wether the pictures get out or not!

As for Lance.. I agree 100 percent!!

as i was typing that i was thinking the same thing.

Ok so let me get this straight:

On Dec. 11 Yuma Archer says (paraphrasing) "Hey I heard a lady killed a new #2 in the world bull, does anybody know anything else about it?"

Someone replies "It was some guy I knows' kid . . ."

Hunt Junkie chimes in and says "Yes, its true my daughter killed a huge bull and I will give a few details but I respectfully ask that no one post pics . . ."

And now a bunch of spoiled internet desk jockeys are pitching a fit because he would like to present the pictures when and how he chooses? No wonder so many people have chosen not to share pics of their animals. If the guy, his kid, or both want to be in a hunting magazine that is their own dang business and absolutely none of our business, its his right and he doesn't owe any of you cry babies squat. He didn't come on here to brag and then refuse to post, someone else suggested they knew about it and he provided some clarification. If you want to see pics of a giant dead bull so bad, why don't you get out from behind your monitor and go kill one.

And for those of you (Yes lance and naturegirl I am speaking to you) that are calling him greedy, you should know that most of those magazines don't pay anything for their stories, a few give out some prizes ie; binos or a rifle or a pack, etc. But the people in these magazines are not getting rich from their articles. Its a pretty rare opportunity to get published and its their right to enjoy that opportunity. Your comments equate to criticizing someone for choosing to voice their opinion in an op-ed piece for a newspaper instead of just throwing it up on facebook or their family blog. For crying out loud people . . .

• Like 19

Man, you folks need to get out in the desert and clear your heads....maybe hunt some quail! :)

I will say this: There are countless record book animals that have never been posted, photographed or entered in any official scoring system. This thread confirms why many DIY hunters share their successes only with family and close friends.

• Like 5

haha who reads hunting magazines? the NRA would always send them to me but i just tossed them in the recycling bin lol.

i just enjoy seeing pics of nice animals, especially from my home state. again congrats to the girl.

I support Huntjunkie 100%. Let's give him and his daughter some respect. This thread is a great example of why some people have stopped posting pictures of their animals. Why do we have to hate on people so much! At this point I suggest huntjunkie not post the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

There is a member on this site that just receiver a very big Christmas bonus. They put most of it in there savings account to spend later. Let's all demand they post there monthly statement. We have the right to see it, why are they so selfish!

• Like 2

Congrats on the bull, that's awesome I would rather see a young kid kill it with the help of their father then a guide kill it with a client. But I don't get why they say a #2 bull is killed then can't show pictures. That's like telling a kid you have a bag of candy but he can't have it. If we can't see it till the end of the drying period maybe the news shouldn't of gotten poster. Just my thoughts...again congrats on a big bull and better memories.

• Like 1

A few months back someone made a post about worthless threads. May I present " Exhibit A"

• Like 3