naturegirl

Poaching a lion - updated with pics

Seldom Drawn...do you have any facts to base your statement on? "....20,000 elk reduced to 3,000..." Are you seriously claiming that lions were responsible for that ?

thats pretty funny his post up and disappeared. kinda like those 17,000 elk :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I posted this just because. Definitely not out to hang anyone. Strictly just sharing something from a few years ago to see what others think. Lions kill deer and elk - that is a fact. I'd shoot a lion given the chance, but I've yet to see one in person. I would not shoot young ones with spots because that is the law.

• Like 4

Wish I had the free time to argue about petty bs things like you guys do.

You took the time to read all the posts like everybody else

i do see the spots in the 2nd group of pic's. I definitely would not have shot. There's plenty more adult lions where they came from. Better safe than sorry

Am I missing something or did someone remove Seldom Drawns' posts???

Looks like a bunch of his stuff was removed. Not sure why, it was ignorant but not malicious. Maybe he removed them after he recovered from a night of posting under the influence. Or better yet maybe he deleted his profile and all his posts are gone.

I wasn't under the influence,I removed them cause after I re-read my posts I new this would ruffle some feathers, and wasn't trying to start a pissing

match over natuegirls post.I don't believe in stealing someones camera,or shooting a cub with spots.and I don't like wolves I work with many tree huggers

that want them put all over the state,

Seldom Drawn

Over the last three years I have had the opportunity to witness a bunch of lions up close. I have seen five lions in one night all within a two square mile area. Within this three years, the deer population in the area has been reduced so much that it would amaze you. I used to see at least twenty to thirty deer a day without even trying. Now I am lucky to see 5. Lions are killing machines and will clean out an area and then move on to another. A lion that I shot two years ago was aged at almost two years old, but it still had the black stripes on its legs and everybody was thinking it was just a baby. The young lions in your pics would most likely survive on skunks and rabbits with no problem. David

• Like 1

If i did'nt know better, I would conclude that coyotes, bobcats, bears, and eagles have no impact on fawn and calf mortaility...only those pesky lions! Eliminate lions and within a very short time there will be a trophy rack on every wall!

• Like 1

/>If i did'nt know better, I would conclude that coyotes, bobcats, bears, and eagles have no impact on fawn and calf mortaility...only those pesky lions! Eliminate lions and within a very short time there will be a trophy rack on every wall!

You just nailed it! :-)

/> If i did'nt know better, I would conclude that coyotes, bobcats, bears, and eagles have no impact on fawn and calf mortaility...only those pesky lions! Eliminate lions and within a very short time there will be a trophy rack on every wall!

You just nailed it! :-)

if you think coyotes don't have an impact on fawn mortality rate you are blind!

just look at the anderson mesa....... without coyotes you would have tons of antelope... they may not wipe out a heard but they are tough on fawn survival!

I have witnessed a yote take down a full grown mulie doe.

you could shoot coyotes every day and there would still be yotes everywhere. there is a reason there are coyote from south america to canada and in 49 states, they are the most adaptable animal on the planet.

James

• Like 1

im pretty sure he was joking.

uh

oh...... my bad

i digress

james

Well I would put the wolves up there with those pesky lions as well

If given the opportunity and being legal take a lion out. The pics on whether the lion has spots is tough to tell, if I didn't see spots I would shoot.

What I don't like to see is dogs chasing lions in trees and the lion being let go for not having a long enough tail. There's a reason for letting the lion go being that hunter wants a full grown lion with a long tail, but let another hunter tag along on the hunt and take out the smaller tailed lions!

I let lions go all the time! A lion deserves every bit as much respect as any deer or elk. Your ignorant comment is like saying because you don't want to shoot a spike you should have somebody along that does. IMO no dog guy should just take somebody along to kill a lion, they should only take somebody along who wants to experience the hunt and hunt hard enough to take a nice mature lion. I get plenty of hunters that always tell me, "if you need somebody to come along and shoot a lion give me a call."

Tell me why in the heck would I call anyone that says that? That would be stupid. I would rather let any lion go then take somebody along who only wants to go if they are pulling the trigger. JMO

And yes, the lions in those pics have spots and are immature lions. Anyone who says different has not seen very many lions.

Nathan

• Like 5