Sign in to follow this  
devilincatcountry

2014 pigs?

Congrats on your buck! The other guy was trying to pack his deer out guts and all?

lol. yup. Maybe he was going to gut it at camp or something? That's what I did but my buck was very accessible with my quad. Had it strung up, gutted and skinned within an hour of shooting it.

JD

My boy got his first big game with a bow two days ago. Was windy as heck. We had all the pigs bed below a rock bluff we were glassing from. He made a good straight down 10 yard shot on the herd boar.

He ran about 10 yards and stopped. Wasn't quite ready to give up, he was just weaving back and forth. We waited a few minutes, but me being impatient, told the boy to put another arrow in him.

That didn't quite go as planned. Boy hit an ocotillo which deflected his arrow striking the pig just behind the right eye and poking out in front of the left eye. Pig ran another 5 yards and piled up. Not from the 2nd shot though.

Going to make an interesting European mount.

Didn't take photo of the arrow sticking out, as really not appropriate. But you can just make out the fletching over the boars nose in this photo.

post-19-0-04815700-1389126768_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Congratulations to all you successful hunters! Going out to 37B Saturday through Monday, javi and deer tag in hand. Still looking for first archery kill.

I am cursed right now. Shot my first ever deer, a nice coues yesterday, and lost him. Went out today to continue the search and arrowed a pig, which also eluded recovery (i have shot 20 plus archery javelina in my career, and this was my first loss) so i am double bummed. For the past two days, all i have been doing is tracking, beyond the blood trail, and it has stretched my skills. But still, no recovered game. I guess that is why it is called hunting. My archery January is now over.

you shot 20 pigs and shot one when you were looking for a wounded deer why?i know how everyone on here stick together and will beat me up for this post ,but was the pig that important?I really want t know.Not picking on you Kidso I just can't even imagine why you would try and kill a pig tracking a wounded deer.when you have killed so many animals.I was where you a

Why would I try and kill a pig? Simple. I love pig meat! That is why I try to get one each year with my bow. And as for my deer, I had exhausted all my efforts and resources in finding it and was actually hiking back towards my Jeep to leave when I stumbled right into the feeding pigs! Thus, I took advantage of the opportunity before me to harvest a pig. If I stumbled into a mountain lion, I would have tried to tag that too!

• Like 2

123456, and Shawn

Why do you like this post ,because there are 2 wounded animals ,and he is still hunting ,just asking?

Do you think it's ethical to wound 2 animals and keep hunting?I am not judging this man I don't know him, just asking.

Why you agree with his post.It's not like he is a newbie to hunting.

Seldom Drawn

He said if he stumbled onto a mountain lion he would fling an arrow at it as well, so his hunt wasn't really over,I bet if he saw another pig before he got back to his truck he would have knocked up another arrow,

I don't know this man he might be the greatest guy out there but,when 123456 and shawn agree with his post I just want to understand why that's all.