Very cool Amanda thanks for sharing.

Now you just need to add a segment where you fly down and zoom in on the sticker on the back of your jeep for the closing credits. :D

how much would my wife have to borrow from me so she can buy me one. oh ya

• Like 1

Wow, that was way to cool. I said it many times before and I'll say it again. You are an amazing woman. I loved it! :)

TJ

So cool! I can't wait for you to film a nest, it'll be incredible!!!

p.s. Com'on Let's go pig scouting in 22 :rolleyes: ;)

This is not for the faint of heart as these systems can be pricey. I have been flying helicopters and planes for sometime and have always wanted to get the quad-copter. They seem to be a little bit more forgiving and stable to carry a camera. Amanda your going to love the F.P.V system and it will show with the product you get in video. I have seen setups where two people operate the system, one to fly and one to work a gimbal. Cant wait to see your next video.

AZhuntingaddict.....have you been filming with your helicopters and planes? post up some video if you want.

NRS, great idea on the sticker shot!

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. Like AZhuntingaddict said, it's not for the faint of heart....it's nerve racking flying so much money out over canyons and cliffs and water! There are quadcopter forums and I have been reading about guys crashing these things all the time or even worse, they receive some sort of interference and just fly away and get lost somewhere! Keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't happen to my quadcopter!

The brand of quadcopter is a DJI Phantom 2 with a zenmuse gimbal to stabilize the GoPro 3 camera. It's not really a good setup to film wildlife because the gopro has such a wide angle lens and there is no zoom on it and the quadcopter is so loud that it would be hard to get close to animals. DJI makes bigger 'copters that can carry larger cameras. A lot of film makers use the larger ones.

So fun! I will NOT tell my husband about this! Our 5 year old picked out a $20 helicopter for Christmas for him and he absolutely loves it! He actually enjoyed it so much that he ended up buying one for his buddies at the station.

Please post more videos as you get them :)

That is AWESOME! I'll add that thing to my list of "must haves".