280REM

Patrick's amazing year **updated with full stories**

My son is 14 years old and he just finished up a year of a lifetime!!! (fyi.... previously to 2013 he had only taken 1 Coues deer and an antelope)

He started it off on Feb. 3rd 2013 with his 1st javelina that he shot at 100 yards with a 96 year old 6.5x55 Swedish mauser in 36a with close friend Andy Behrens.

post-2353-0-21800900-1406049480_thumb.jpg

He then drew the October junior elk tag in 4a, we went up on the Wednesday before his hunt and experienced snow on Thursday. he found a herd on opening morning, so we took off and finally got to 350 yards when the lead cow spotted us. He set up and made the shot, sitting, with the same 308 that his deceased mother and older brother both shot their first and only cow elk with. He was shooting the 155 grain Berger bullets over 44 grains of varget. Thanks to David Broerman for all his guidance.

post-2353-0-72324000-1406049468_thumb.jpg

Patrick decided to put in for the unit 33 November junior tag, as it would be cooler, and he thought he would have better chances of drawing. He was correct, we went out on Thursday and set up camp. our close family friend, Pat Romero, arrived later that night. they hiked back into great country and at about 7 am Pat found a good buck. Patrick got to 411 yards of the buck and took him down with Pat's 257 weatherby magnum. The shot was at 8 am. He packed it out with Pat and they got back to camp at noon.

post-2353-0-26782100-1406049457_thumb.jpg

We then ate a victory lunch of brats and then went out to try to find Patrick a javelina. he got lucky enough to draw both tags at the same time and same unit.

long story short, we found a heard of pigs and he shot one at 101 yards at 4 pm!

Patrick had completed a double in a day!!! On November 22, 2013 Patrick Wundrock Shot a 107" Coues whitetail at 8 am only to follow it up with a javelina at 4 pm!

post-2353-0-76689100-1406049476_thumb.jpg

Well even though he shot that amazing buck, I sent him down to Mexico with Bobby Boido to the El Tule Ranch, for yet another Coues deer. I could not go because I had other commitments. Patrick said it was a very tough hunt, and on the 2nd to last day, January 23, 2014 he shot a very nice deer that we estimate at 95" with Bobby's 300 WSM at 300 yards. Patrick really enjoyed himself and even found a WHITE JAVELINA!!!

post-2353-0-81232700-1406049458_thumb.jpg

Needless to say Patrick had a fantastic year, he knows it, and will probably try for the rest of his life to surpass it!

full stories have been added to the end of post.

• Like 6

Outstanding season there! Congratulations on all the success. You guys have a freezer full for sure!

Congratulations to the young man on one incredible season with some awesome critters!

Thanks everyone, I will try to add to it and get another javelina with my muzzleloader this weekend.

I had a javelina at 90 yards on sunday, but due to a faulty primer, they heard the TINGGGGG and spooked!

I guess after being so lucky for so long it is about time for something to go wrong.

-Patrick

That's pretty awesome!! Congratulations to the professional hunter!!! He's doing a BANG up job!! Thanks for sharing!!