5guyshunting

campfire and fuel

Have you bought a fuel container (plastic gas can) recently? I most often use diesel fuel to start a quick camp fire, its better than charcoal fluid . Its cheaper and safer. All the new cans they are selling takes like 5 guys to operate. There are way to many safety features on these cans, they suck!

• Like 1

Garage sales, you can find some old ones

What ever happened to just splittin wood down to kinlin...

• Like 2

What ever happened to just splittin wood down to kinlin...

My preferred method as well...but I do need a gas can for the generator and agree they're not very simple or cheap anymore!

You can thank all the sue happy people in this world that misused the can and got ther a$$ burnt for that, now they make them with protecting the manufacture in mind ... sucks it's the world we live in be a dumbass and get rewarded ..

• Like 3

I use road flares when it's wet, just light one and throw it in your pile of wood no matter what size the wood is. The road flare burns for approximately 10 min and burns hotter than the wood itself so it's an easy fire starter, just throw it in and get back to whatever else you need to do. But I only do that ifs it's wet out and the wood is too wet to light on its own.

• Like 1

I have a friend that manufacturers those . I use them for water and they are fine, but not for fuel. My friend doesn't use them for fuel either because he doesn't like them, but he sells them.

I always have some charcoal lighter fuel with me "if" I'm in a hurry but 99% of the time if I choose to have a fire I just gather some kindling and build it up and a lighter gets it going. Once in a while I'll break out the flint and go old school but I only make a fire about 1/2 the time I am camping as I hunt solo and can't be bothered with it.

I like to put my camp chair in the back of the truck and put my feet up and just listen to the radio and look at the stars or listen to the sounds of the night.

• Like 2

You dont need fuel to start a fire thats just a good way to start somthing bad i dont know about all of you but im tired of people not being responsible for there fires the best way to start your fire is get cotton balls and soak them in Vaseline that will even light if its snowing raining i use it all the time try it the next time. Oh ya its also cheap

• Like 1

070042190281lg.jpg

BernzOmatic Light Soldering, Thawing Pipes, and General Heating Handheld Torch Head. About $30 at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_149109-13877-TS3000T_0__?productId=50126409&Ntt=bernzomatic&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dbernzomatic&facetInfo=

I bought one of these years ago and it has saved me many-o-times. It is small and light wieght and works perfectly with the Colman green cans of fuel. We all have a few of those rollong around in our camp stuff. It will light anything! Even wet wood, etc. I even keep one in my "mulita" or Ranger as a just in case.

More D