Sign in to follow this  
massamino

Can I access my online application?

better to be hunting that time of year than to be watching football, regardless of what's printed on the tag. Sure, it's frustrating to have bulls present multiple shots while "chasing" cows, but at least you'll hunting.

Life is too short not to hunt elk once a year if at all possible. If you "require/need" a bull tag that bad go to Colorado and plop down the $600 or whatever it is nowadays and chase bulls all day long if you want.

I've started applying bull/cow some time ago and generally get to hunt almost every year, and usually (once/3 years) do get that bull tag anyway w/out having to wait for 5-10 years between hunts.

Besides, cows taste pretty darn good, and nobody can give you crap for not shooting a "trophy cow" opening weekend! :)

• Like 1

Well, that's gotta feel like a kick to the nut sack. I have no problem hunting cows, and have done so when I feel the need to hunt, but using 8bps to get there would not be a good feeling.

If it makes you feel any better, I completely MISSED the elk draw last year. Never understood how anyone could "miss the draw" until I did it myself. Son had 9bp's. Lost his loyalty point. How in the WORLD I could have been so dumb is beyond me. Got busy at work, and in personal life. One day I thought "hey, it's gotta be about time to put in for elk" and pulled up the website a week after the deadline. I was in shock, and a deep funk for weeks after that boneheaded move. Thankfully my nephew drew and I got to go help out with that, but my son wasn't too pleased with me!

As it turns out U10 was a tough hunt last year, work was heck, finances tight, and I'm a bit thankful he drew this year instead of last. You never know when a bad thing can turn into something good.

Did the same thing one year and got an archery cow tag, also put in for pigs with the wrong year regs and drew the city of Phoenix. Thought I would never hear the end of that from my partners!

I've done it. The first year I applied online. Thought I applied for 4B Bull...Drew 4B Cow. I was in shock I could make that mistake as carefull as I am with that type of thing. I checked about 4 times and still didn't catch it until my card was hit and it was too late.

Only good part was I only had the hunters ed point that year so I got to hunt and didn't waste points.

I've done that..... thought I had a different tag then ended up with a late archery hunt in 23. Sure learned a ton about that unit and found some great country and some great bulls. It was a blast. You'll have fun regardless.

Numbers matched up (WHAT AN IDIOT)!! Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll be giving out jerky for Christmas this year!! Again,WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

Thanks for taking responsibility for your mistake. Many would just keep on blaming Game and Fish and refuse to accept that the mistake was theirs. Good on you man! I hope you draw your bull tag next year!

• Like 1

That's a heart breaker burning 8 points. I would probably give up collecting points if I made that mistake.

Really I'm just looking for any excuse to quit collecting points and chase some bulls/cows in easier to draw units.

• Like 1

That's a heart breaker burning 8 points. I would probably give up collecting points if I made that mistake.

Really I'm just looking for any excuse to quit collecting points and chase some bulls/cows in easier to draw units.

I've decided to do that very thing. Once I draw my next bull tag, hopefully next year, I'm applying for all cow tags. Would rather hunt every year or two than sit out. Heck, I might even cash out all my points next year for a cow tag and start my own TJ streak! :)

I just talked to a friend who made a similar mistake with 17 bonus points :wacko: !!!! His buddy did the application and they drew unit 23 late rifle bull. Still not a bad tag but nobody waits 17 years for a late elk tag anywhere.

I just talked to a friend who made a similar mistake with 17 bonus points :wacko: !!!! His buddy did the application and they drew unit 23 late rifle bull. Still not a bad tag but nobody waits 17 years for a late elk tag anywhere.

Man, 15 years, give or take, without hunting elk? No way. Years 1-4 would be 1st choice early rifle, 2nd choice late rifle. Years 5-7 would be early rifle only. Years 8 plus would be back to early rifle 1st choice, late rifle 2nd. I love chasing elk too much to not do it for 15 years. I also like the strategy of following up a successful bull draw with a cow 2nd choice for a year or two max.

Numbers matched up (WHAT AN IDIOT)!! Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll be giving out jerky for Christmas this year!! Again,WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

I have a friend at work in the same boat and he doesn't want to check for the same reason! Hey, to be in the woods that time of yr is awesome!

Too bad about burning 8 points, but look on the bright side you will be hunting, learning more about the area and learning more about the patterns of the elk that time of year. Also if shoot a cow you have some awesome meat for a while. Make the best of it and have fun camping and hunting with friends & family!!! Life is too short enjoy it!!!!! Good luck.

Kudos to owning up to your mistake - one that more than a few of us have made over the years... ONCE! Repeat offenders probably don't care much about hunting bulls. :( My cousin, who I still talk to, put us in for a December cow hunt and we all burned 5 or 6 points for it. Nothing wrong at all with hunting cows, IMHO, but I don't want to burn points to do it. Good luck on your hunt - lots of opportunities for cow hunters in 6A during that hunt.