Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Double down on 2 Long Beards

We started off scouting yesterday and the Toms were Gobbling like crazy. This morning we could not get any of them to talk, our first 3 spots were a bust. We quickly moved to another area and at 7am this morning we both shot these 2 long beards. What a blast and a rush! So much fun.

post-2686-0-82740100-1397610128_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What state are you hunting?

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

It is in New Mexico and it was a very cold morning, 16 degrees.

It seems like these hunts are a lot tougher than Az hunts IMO

• Like 1

Nice looking gobblers. I'm jacked for my first shotgun turkey hunt in Unit 1 in a couple weeks - hoping to bag my first turkey. I'm told that it might get addicting and I'll have to turn to hunting neighboring states to get my fix.

• Like 1

Awesome birds and good job! That's a really cool picture too. Big congrats! Love hunting those birds - not able to go to New Mexico this year but still have another hunt in 27 next week. What unit did you hunt over there?

• Like 1

Congrats Devan, that's a couple of great looking birds! A picture like that will get those of us with tags for the upcoming AZ turkey hunts stoked for sure.

• Like 1

Congrats. Some of us were working on finishing up our taxes and others were out smoking long beards. I think some of the best things about hunting turkeys in NM is that tags are OTC, some areas you can get two birds and if you are lucky and willing to take the time off, you can hunt opening day during the middle of the week when most of the weekend warriors are grinding it out.

• Like 1

Awesome!! Congrats on getting your birds!!

• Like 1

Ok here is my second Tom. This was a bitter sweet year, I tagged both birds but it was a lot of work. I finally had this guy running and let him have it at 25 yards at 10am this morning. Red head Jelly head! I had really nice Tom pinned at 70 yards before this one, but just would come into shotgun range. I would rather not post what units I took these birds in just because I have a lot of time spent in them. Thanks for understanding.

I used a raspy hen mouth call by forum member LittleCreekCalls. Thank you Ammon.

post-2686-0-79919000-1397710758_thumb.jpg