AverageJoe

G&F wolf release news

Haha like anyone cares that its against the law. Kill every frikkin one of them

Snap,
From your post:

“A state simply does not have the power to allow a ‘take’ on federal lands,” the governor wrote.

To me this is exactly what this whole BLM land grab is about as well......Feds trying to put a squish on any use of federal land and tie the hands of the state as to what can and can't be done on federal land despite any previous agreements or laws.

Pretty soon, we will not be allowed where the wolf roams in order to protect the wolf.....

Snap,

From your post:

“A state simply does not have the power to allow a ‘take’ on federal lands,” the governor wrote.

To me this is exactly what this whole BLM land grab is about as well......Feds trying to put a squish on any use of federal land and tie the hands of the state as to what can and can't be done on federal land despite any previous agreements or laws.

Pretty soon, we will not be allowed where the wolf roams in order to protect the wolf.....

That is exactly what I fear happening with these Federal wolf projects. Say goodbye to unit 1, unit 27, and some others.

So who are the stakeholders?

Center for Biologic Diversity, Sierra Club, ...?

AZ G&F Posted this on FB.

The 28 cooperating agency and stakeholder groups that developed and support this alternative are:

Cooperating Agencies

Arizona Game and Fish Department

Eastern Arizona Counties Organization

Gila County (AZ)

Graham County (AZ)

Greenlee County (AZ)

Navajo County (AZ)

Stakeholders Supporting this Alternative as a Starting Point for Further Discussion

Anglers United

Arizona Antelope Foundation

Arizona BASS

Arizona Big Game Super Raffle

Arizona Cattle Growers’ Association

Arizona Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation

Arizona Deer Association

Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society

Arizona Elk Society

Arizona Houndsmen

Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation

Arizona Trappers Association

Arizona Wildlife Federation

Big Game Forever

ES Advisement, LLC (AZ)

Coconino Sportsmen

Outdoor Experience 4 All

Phoenix Varmint Callers, Inc.

Sportsmen’s Constituent Group

The BASS Federation

The Mule Deer Foundation

1-2-3-Go

In addition, the Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club also supports the alternative, making it 29 groups.

• Like 1

So is the stand then of the Arizona Elk Society that the reintroduction and spread of the wolf is a good thing???

Are we just that misinformed as to what the wolf is eventually going to do to the elk herds??

I kinda thought we were past the starting point.......I am obviously pretty ignorant.....

• Like 1

I followed closely as the wolves were re-introduced years back, but haven't followed as closely

We live with mountain lions and coyotes everywhere here and most people don't hunt them so I never really understand the outcry when wolves come up.

I believe everything has a balance and a balance can be had if managed properly, but these are wolves and you can't always tell a wolf what to kill and what not to kill or where to live and where not to live.

It will work as good as Obama care.

What the heck is wrong with our Game & Fish??? Stupid!

Our game and fish no longer represents us the hunters!

/> The wolves are here. Not much we can do about it, except limit their population.

SSS! That's what we as hunters can do to limit the population

Haha like anyone cares that its against the law. Kill every frikkin one of them

S S S

iCE49KJGLCA8t.gif

So are any of you on the board of any of these groups listed as stake holders who support? If so I would like to know what was proposed to the stake holders to agree to be a part of this? I have donated money to several of these groups in the past figuring these groups were supportive of hunters. I'm wanting to believe there is something we are not being told about this which is causing these groups to support this. Like for example if this is adopted it would give the state control of the wolf project and get the US fish and wildlife out of the picture. Maybe it would take the wolf off of the endangered list so it wouldn't be a federal crime if one gets shot therefore giving ranchers more elbow room to protect their stock.

There just has to be a reason these stakeholders would support this and I would like to have more details............... If not I will not be supporting any of these groups in the future.

Buddy of mine called me today. He was camping on the rim off the 300 road with his grandkids. He had a 1-year old on his lap and saw what he thought was a coyote. He plucked a blade of grass and squeeled on it and this beast RAN towards him and at about 20 yards he realized that it was the largest coyote he had ever seen in his life. He stood up and it did not flee, but it continued to circle around them in the forest. He yelled for his son in law to come out of their trailer with his AR-15, but he was unable to get a shot off. They went out and saw its prints, which were too huge to be a coyote. As the sun began going down they heard this wolf howling going on right behind their camp.

So his question, which I am passing on to you is this: Have our wolves spread up to the rim country already? They were going to shoot this beast without a second thought as they figured the wolves were only in unit 1 or unit 27.

If they are there, I will be a little more worried sleeping on a cot outside while bear hunting.