aznighthawk

Ashlyn's 1st spring turkey hunt

Hi, My name is Ashlyn and I'm 12. I went turkey hunting for the first time. I got up at 3:30 opening morning and got into my camo. We got there at around 5:20 and it was still dark outside. We were walking up the hill and I was holding a flashlight shaking. My dad was getting ready to call and stepped on a pine cone and 4 turkey's gobbled really close. I had never heard a turkey gobble before it was so cool! We set up the decoys and sat up against a tree and my dad began calling. We heard one fly down and my dad said Ashlyn, he's right behind you don't move. I was facing my dad so if I moved to see the turkey I would scare him. Then I saw him and I was in amazement as I looked at him. My dad said get on him as he strutted in to the decoys. I followed his head and shot and he dropped down, I killed him! I was so happy I cried! That was the best thing ever! I cant wait till next year. Thanks dad!

post-2093-0-48958000-1398368793_thumb.jpg

post-2093-0-51932900-1398368819_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Congratulations on your first turkey! Your story of the hunt was very exciting and thank you for sharing it with us! I'm glad that your dad was there with you to share in your hunting experience. Hopefully, you will share many more stories with us in the future!

Awesome job, Ashlyn! Sounds like a great time with your dad you will not soon forget. Great job on your story - it's like we were right there with you guys. Huge congrats on your first turkey.

• Like 1

Wow, you told a great story Ashlyn. Congratulations on a beautiful turkey. I'm sure dad was all proud of you. I can't wait to hear about your next hunt. Thank you for sharing your hunt with us. :)

TJ

Congratulations Ashlyn :D I love your hunt story! I’m sure this is the first of many gobblers you will shoot. Great job Dad – you got a great hunting partner!

Awesome!!

Way to go girl!!! That's AWESOME! Congratulations to you and your dad!!!