Sign in to follow this  
CouesHunterAZ

Some coues the family has downed. Nothing over 85" sadly..

Was bored today so I decided to make an album of all the Coues deer my family have killed. We started hunting these grey ghosts 8 years ago, and are only getting better at it as the years go on. I'm hoping to break the 90"+ mark on our next hunt. Here are the photos in order, Enjoy!

My first deer, and my brother's first buck. I beat him by 1/8 of an inch in scoring B) Killed in 2006

post-10897-0-28539200-1399152038_thumb.jpg

My brothers were drawn again in 2008, here is my step brother's first deer, shot at 270 yards with a .270 right at 3:10, a very interesting coincidence

post-10897-0-29169100-1399152270_thumb.jpg

The next day my brother got his biggest buck to date, still the most fatty Coues I have ever seen

post-10897-0-54035600-1399152323_thumb.jpg

I got drawn in 2010, and knocked this guy down at first light

post-10897-0-61829100-1399152394_thumb.jpg

Might as well add in our only elk hunt to date. My brother shot this 5x5 on the last day.

post-10897-0-24083800-1399152460_thumb.jpg

My brother and step brother got drawn together in 2011, and got these two at the same time in a situation where deer seemed to be falling from the sky

post-10897-0-38903400-1399152590_thumb.jpg

In 2012 all of us children got drawn together and I got this small forky on the second day

post-10897-0-98515900-1399152812.jpg

My step brother got this buck the next day, the family's biggest buck so far

post-10897-0-05718700-1399152868.jpg

Photo of the main reason I love hunting, just to be in environments like this with the father.

post-10897-0-92944900-1399153328_thumb.jpg

I understand that many of you think that we should let pretty much all of these deer go to grow for a couple more years, and as hunters we are trying to advance our hunting techniques and equipment to be able to do so. I just ask you to please keep these comments off this post.

• Like 6

CHA looks like you have had some great times hunting with your family. It's been years since I have had my Dad or brother along for a hunt, and even though my biggest coues have fallen during that time, I'd trade it in a heartbeat for some quality time with those two. I think you'll find CWT is a pretty family oriented bunch and you won't likely be seeing much criticism of a family doing it together. Congrats on some good times in the woods!

• Like 1

It's the quality of the hunt that counts most. I'd say you and your family have quality times together that a lot of people don't or can't enjoy. Congratulations to you and your family. Keep it up!

As you can see from my photo, Doing what we do together as a family is like the commercial says "PRICELESS". You guys are doing it right.

Those all look like trophy class animals to me:) nice work! U can't eat the antlers, so why do they need to be big. I'll tell u one thing, the memory's of waiting for a trophy buck and coming home empty handed don't nearly come close to the memories of the small deer I have taken. The hunt is so much more enjoyable when it is not a job to find "the one" as to just hunt and have fun..

Size doesn't matter for me and my family either. Getting a big buck is nice but i would rather get a small buck instead of nothing. Plus doing it with friends and family and getting to harvest any animal is a trophy in my book. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Good luck in the draw this year.

Great pics. I would be happy with a spike any day

Great photos of good times. Congrats to your family on some great hunting!

"Knock em down as they get up and the big one"s will come with the little ones" Thats what my dad always told my brother and myself, and he was right.

The spikes and forks went to the house and so did the mature ones. They were all good hunts and good memories.

You are out there doing it, with the people that matter, it only gets better.

That's what it's all about right there.

Oh, and since I'm not a "trophy hunter," per se, I've killed several bucks in those size ranges over the years. Don't ever apologize for the size of choices you make. The tags belong to the holders and making the choice is theirs and theirs alone.

• Like 1