Outdoor Writer

Hunting's Next Perversion

My ATV and Cameras are not a perversion to hunting. If you don't like cameras, dont use them! Don't tell me I can't. Here we go with another holier than thou thread about how one man's idea of hunting is the only way it should be done. Very similar to the liberal mindset.

I think hunters who turn their nose up at everyone who's idea of hunting are different than theirs are perversions to hunting.

• Like 8

Hey Curtis he never said you couldn't do it just referred to it as a perversion. He doesn't agree with the practice and that is his prerogative. So what. Tony is a traditionalist from way back, his opinions are his business.

Tony FYI Amanda has and uses one with a cam but I think it's just for her research, I think it's hunting usefulness are pretty limited.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you can already hook up a go-pro to them and view the video real-time via an iPad or similar device. My guess is AZGFD will update the wording regarding the use of aircraft to locate game for hunting purposes.

It's not just him, these boards are full of hunters who have that attitude. Next we will hear about a "bozo" who put a blind 40 yards from a road in 23. Oh wait, that already happened today. Yes, he has an opinion... And so do I.

People should stop worrying about other people and move on with their own lives. Live and let live. Who cares if there was a blind found near a road.

You can't make a statement like, cameras and atv's are "perversions of hunting" and not expect to get opposing opinions that are just as bold.

• Like 4

It's not just him, these boards are full of hunters who have that attitude. Next we will hear about a "bozo" who put a blind 40 yards from a road in 23. Oh wait, that already happened today. Yes, he has an opinion... And so do I.

People should stop worrying about other people and move on with their own lives. Live and let live. Who cares if there was a blind found near a road.

You can't make a statement like, cameras and atv's are "perversions of hunting" and not expect to get opposing opinions that are just as bold.

Hey pot have you met the kettle? Donald Sterling don't want either of you at his games.

kick his azz....seabazz

Too late, there are already several outfitters using drones in Arizona to locate and scout for game. It's actually amazing technology. I saw first hand as a unnamed outfitter flew his drone over a herd of elk, he was able to zoom in on the antlers of a couple big bulls and get a more accurate guess on the score.

As soon as someone develops one with a small camera, it will be the next "useful" item to lead to the perversion of hunting, much like the ATV and trail camera have already done. :(

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=29768199&nid=148&title=drones-harassing-wildlife-at-zion-national-park-officials-say&s_cid=queue-1

Amanda, can we create a new section of the talk forums for people who just want to bash other hunters. You can put this new section right next to the section Tony wanted to create for people who wanted to. Criticize the AZ G&F. Call it "Tony's Corner"?

• Like 2

C'mon guys. Tony is a good dude. He did me a big favor once. Because of generation gaps, some of us have a different outlook on things. Doesn't make us right or wrong.

• Like 1

Page 129 of the Fall Hunt Regs

R12-4-319

Use of Aircraft to Take Wildlife
A. For the purposes of this Section, “locate” means any act
or activity that does not take or harass wildlife and is
directed at locating or finding wildlife in a hunt area.
B. An individual shall not take or assist in taking wildlife
from or with the aid of aircraft.

It is not only Tony's generation that thinks a lot of the things he mentioned lead to the "perversion" of hunting.

So Curtis, If my "idea of hunting" is that I should have a year round season good for the entire state with any weapon, bait allowed, drones allowed, offroad ATV use allowed, and no bag limit then you would be okay with this? It is my idea and what kind of perverse person are you to say it is not right.

You have to draw the line somewhere and set up laws because there are always people that will use new technologies to turn this hobby that we all enjoy into less of a hunt and more of an assured kill. As we (hunters as a group) become more successful, there will be fewer and fewer tags available because more animals will be killed per given number of tags. I would prefer to have some restrictive laws that lower success rate, thus giving more tags and allowing me to hunt more often. This is preferable than getting tags less frequently, but for an assured kill.

• Like 4