tjhunt2

Mexico Goulds Turkey

A year ago on March 20th Peg and I attended a free seminar on Spring Turkey Hunting, at Bass Pro Shop, put on by Colburn and Scott Outfitters. It was one of the best informative seminars on turkey hunting I had ever attended. Not only did Peg and I learn a lot from them guys we were not prepared for what was to come that night. Our good friend Brian, aka My Rights As An American, was there with his 6yr old daughter Amelia and she was asked to come forward and draw the winning ticket on a free Mexico Gould's Turkey Hunt. Amelia drew Peg's name. To say Peg was excited was an under statement. There were quite a few there that night hoping their name was pulled and a few "fixed" in fun were heard.

I don't think the reality has set in yet that a year has gone bye and this hunt is in the books.

Peg and I are humbled and grateful that we were blessed with this hunt. Not only for us but for Jay and Darr letting our good friend Amanda be part of the hunt as well. This would not have never ever happened if it wasn't for cwt.

I'm not going into details and will let Peg and Amanda tell their own version of the hunt. I will share a few pictures to hold you over.

post-1903-0-13755100-1399764944_thumb.jpg

The two turkey hunters

post-1903-0-66764400-1399765968_thumb.jpg

The prettiest riparian area I ever laid eyes on. Trout in many of the pools.

post-1903-0-04676100-1399765582_thumb.jpg

This is Norma and Chompa the owners of this working cattle ranch. Some of the nicest people you would ever meet. The pond in the back ground is where they raise trout.

post-1903-0-11898500-1399765487_thumb.jpg

This is our new friend Cayo making tortillas from scratch. He was their cook on the ranch and we become good friends in the short time we had there.

post-1903-0-72326700-1399765703_thumb.jpg

Darr cooking the spaghetti sauce and another good night of good eats.

post-1903-0-00697400-1399765753_thumb.jpg

Being we couldn't bring home any turkey meat across the border Amanda and Peg cooked up some turkey tenders to go along with dinner.

post-1903-0-66547700-1399765070_thumb.jpg

Peg with her Goulds turkey

post-1903-0-96581500-1399765189_thumb.jpg

Peg and I back at the ranch house.

post-1903-0-11926800-1399765273_thumb.jpg

Peg has decided I have been replaced as her personal guide.

post-1903-0-25228000-1399765373_thumb.jpg

Amanda's awesome turkey

post-1903-0-96099700-1399765446_thumb.jpg

For not winning this hunt myself I felt quite humbled to have been part of it all.

post-1903-0-16842300-1399765900_thumb.jpg

Amanda and Peg celebrating their successful hunt with some bacanora, moon shine tequila, with 78yr old ranch owner Chompa.

• Like 4

That's awesome! Congrats to the two ladies on their birds.

When is it your turn TJ? :)

Brian

Congratulations to Peg and Amanda! Those are great photos and looks like you were on a beautiful ranch. I can't wait to hear their hunt stories. Thanks for sharing TJ.

Tj looks like you guys had a blast down there, gongrats to the hunters. Great looking birds!!

Awe man, that is AWESOME! Great write-up and wonderful pictures, the ranch and area look beautiful. So happy you guys got to go!

Wow! What a hunt! The ranch looks awesome. The views from the ranch house are spectacular and I love how you were able to take trophy photos next to the horse drawn farm implements.

Congratulations to all of you on the success. I know you all had a great time. Amanda and Peggy look like they sure did while bagging some sweet birds to boot.

Hats off to Darr and Colburn on the hunt giveaway.

Awesome write up, TJ. That had to be an amazing hunt to be on. Great people, looks like some great food and some absolutely beautiful birds. I'm really happy for you, Peg and Amanda, and getting to share it with good friends making memories that will last a lifetime. Pretty much sums up all the great things about hunting in one trip.

Fantastic!! Congrats to both on their Turkeys!!

Awesome! Congratulations to both of the successful hunters! Great pictures as well TJ. Those birds sure are beautiful! Jay and Darr seem to have them figured out for sure!