Adicted

Would you take your kids to hunt down south?

Would you take your kids to hunt Coues down South?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take your kids down South to Hunt Coues with the known risks involving Drug/illegal traffic

• yes without hesitation
    • yes but really nervous
    • yes but no camping out
    • no, not worth the headache and worries

I hunt the border all the time solo... Even camp out of my pack for a few day at a time once in a while. I see mules and illegals all the time. Never any problems. Just use your head and pack some heat ( for that just incase time) common sense goes a long way. That the best tool you can take with you.

• Like 1

My children and I have spent plenty of time camping/hunting in the 36's...... Never had a problem and never felt unsafe.

Hoping my little girl gets drawn for one of those junior tags this year! ;)

S.

:)

• Like 1

I won't even go down there myself. Pretty sure Id shoot people, any foreigner carrying a gun into this country in my opinion is a target and declaring war.

do you think thats a common thing to see down there?

it happens every single day. & I don't want to put myself in that position.

No, stay away from the border, way too dangerous...

• Like 1

The people coming over are like the deer you hunt they want nothing to do with you.

except for the cartel who could care less about you or your kids. All of the illegals being brought across the border are with a coyote that will kill you in a heartbeat. They are usually carrying drugs as well. There is not a buck in the world worth the safety of my kids.
  • Like 2

Haha stay away from the border units then... Death is guaranteed... It's pure heck fire and chaos. You won't make it out alive. Go south of tucson you die.... I can believe some people... Definitely living in fear... It's just as scary living in America under Obama...

• Like 7

This story is what I encountered during the Aug. archery season last year. I have hunted down here ALL of my life and would not hesitate to hunt solo or with my son. My son has acompanied me over 40 days scouting over the last several years. If you encounter undesireables don't make it a big deal. Every time except this one I have heard them long before I could see them. Several times I "played" with them by making noises and as they looked in my direction I moved and got noticed, all they would do is move faster in the direction they were going. READ MY POST! Obviously I can't guarentee nothing will happen but with all of the encounters I have had I never cam face to face with any of them. Come down here and enjoy the country side and the time with your kids. Contact me I might be able to help you and your kids out.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/42589-350lbs/

• Like 2

Haha stay away from the border units then... Death is guaranteed... It's pure heck fire and chaos. You won't make it out alive. Go south of tucson you die.... I can believe some people... Definitely living in fear... It's just as scary living in America under Obama...

you're right it's all sunshine and lollipops on the border nothing to see here!! I don't think anyone thinks that death is imminent, just don't want to go to jail for protecting our country from invasion of war criminals.

I hesitate myself because it makes me nervous mostly because I hunt alone, but if it's something I wanted to do I wouldn't let illegals stop me from doing it. I would for surely treat the experience no differently than I do already as far as what I carry with me to protect myself.

Lets call a spade a spade... hunting down south has its drawbacks, and can be dangerous. Be cognoscente about your surroundings, don't look for trouble, and go down with a side arm and you should be fine.

On the other hand, the buck to doe ratio is so jacked up and there are so many tags that there are no bucks so no one should hunt down there!

The people coming over are like the deer you hunt they want nothing to do with you.

except for the cartel who could care less about you or your kids. All of the illegals being brought across the border are with a coyote that will kill you in a heartbeat.

Ha! Yeah, that's why we see innocent civilians getting shot down there on a daily basis. The early coues season is a nightmare, more hunters killed than deer.

Think about what you're saying. The cartels are about money. They fight each other to get their smuggling routes. The last thing they want to do is start shooting innocent people because it would bring the BP and all other law enforcement into that area and wipe out all of their work. Then they would have no choice but to risk using a route under heavy pressure or go fight another cartel for a new route.

Are there exceptions? Yes. There's always a rouge foot soldier out there. But these guys aren't stupid. They know how to make money, and they know what kind of activity will put a hurt on their business.

I'm not saying that they're nice or that they have compassion on your children, they just have more business sense than you're letting on.

The border has the most traffic but there's some sort of illegal activity going on just about everywhere. You could think you're safe by putting in for deer in the Mazatzal's, then wander into an illegal pot growing camp.

Me and some buddies were camped at Lime Creek Cabin one night, watching the campfire die down and about to turn in when we heard people going down the trail which was about 200' up above us on the canyon. We got quiet and listened as they approached then we realized they were speaking Spanish. They were using no lights and it was black out. Nv goggles?

Couple days later, ran into a ranger on the way out and told him what had happened, he said they (the guberment) were aware of and dealing with lots of grow operations in the hills.

you're right it's all sunshine and lollipops on the border nothing to see here!! I don't think anyone thinks that death is imminent, just don't want to go to jail for protecting our country from invasion of war criminals.

has any hunter in the past 30 years had to shoot at illegals down there? srs question. and not trying to be rude, but it sounds like youve never hunted there before.

• Like 1

has any hunter in the past 30 years had to shoot at illegals down there? srs question. and not trying to be rude, but it sounds like youve never hunted there before.

I can't believe that dude is that scared of his own country. So if the illegals pushed north you'd move further north till the forced you into Canada? Grow a set.
  • Like 1

Sure. Took kids on first whitetail hunt down by Arivaca. hunted north of town forgot the unit number, Batamote Rd. cuts right through the middle of it.. If you are going with others split the cost and stay in Continental/Sahuarita. Kids had a good time, warm shower/bed at night and no worries. took electric wok and fed them well. Good luck.