Sign in to follow this  
Lance

Another BIG P&Y BULL Down! Kaibab!

Another Great Bull Down!

Ted Carlson and Timberland Outfitters are counting our Bison Blessings once again!

Ted was able to make a great one shot kill at 45 yards to take this great P&Y record class bull!

This bull may also be a B&C record. But for sure he is the biggest bodied bull we have ever taken!

Good thing he was still skinny from the winter, handling him was tough enough as it was! Ted and I are not small men and usually if I have a half way sized or strong man with me, we can always stand up even the biggest bulls for pictures. We tried our hardest to prop him up and we never even began to come close! I took some measurements on this bulls 6' tall at the shoulder body because I could see his body and bone structure was huge. For comparison, Most big bulls are around 5'5"+ and will have a hump plate that is 15 to 17 inches tall. I don't think I have ever seen one over 17". This bull was 19"!

I found this bulls awesome track and tried to hide my excitement from Ted, but he could tell I knew it was something special.

I tracked this bull back and forth for quite a while and noticed an awesome pattern that he had done twice and about every couple of days! I felt there was a good chance he would do it again and that the time for him to do it if he was going to do it would be that day or the next!

I had high hopes! I set up some cameras just in case the bull came through at night. It was about noon that day when I settled on a place to set up and take our chances to wait for the bull for the next couple of days. It was cold and we were freezing but since I figured the bull was in the part of his pattern that would be on the park the only thing we could do if we wanted this bull was to wait.

So, at 6:20 that evening here comes the huge bull!!! I turn on the video camera and get great video as Ted makes a great 45 yard shot! The bull took a while to expire but only went 40 yards!!!

It Was Awesome and we took our time enjoying the night with no hurry to be anywhere. Once I put a knife to him It took us 2hrs and 20min to break down the buffalo into quarters and pieces. And with all the meat, hides and head back in camp it was 1:30 am when I finally crawled into bed! Considering our day started at 4:AM the morning before we were excited to sleep in a little!

Felling blessed indeed!

Hope you enjoy!

Lance.

post-669-0-35698300-1400188148_thumb.jpg

Below is a trail cam picture of the bull shortly before the bull was taken!

post-669-0-69210300-1400189399_thumb.jpg

Below is a picture off of the video at point of arrow impact!!! Check out how that 2000lb animal is already trying to string jump the arrow!

post-669-0-72089700-1400188049_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-54789100-1400188243_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-85986800-1400188317_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-22825700-1400188398_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Wow that's all I think I can say. Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone involved,he's huge.

• Like 1

WOW!!! That's one HUGE buffalo! Thanks for sharing the story and the pics.

• Like 1

Burgers anybody? lol That right thar is some serious meat, another freezer on the way? Great job!

• Like 2

Big congrats on such a huge animal, Lance! Not surprised you tracked that thing down one bit. Incredible animal.

• Like 1

Stick & String putting down a freight train. That's awesome

• Like 3

When it comes to buffalo Lance is the man. I'm not surprised that Lance figured this bull's pattern out. I don't know any other person who knows these creatures like Lance. Congratulations Ted on a trophy of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing this with us Lance and thanks again for being a sponsor here on cwt. :)

TJ

• Like 1