AZ4LIFE - I used to be one of the few Arizona natives who stayed in the state... for Life.

After 45 years I moved to Wyoming last September. Amanda posted a while back that we can change nicknames with the new forum, but I have not thought of a new one. Maybe AZpast? Who knows, but this is a good diversion thread.

thanks for starting it. :rolleyes:

Hum.......Mine is just as simple. More D comes from Daniel Moreno.

:ph34r: at the end of my post is something I started back when I first joined the forum. I didn't know what all the smiley faces were for much less what they ment. I thought that :ph34r: was for a ski type head cover for when you went hunting. I used to wear a ski type head cover all the time ,even for rifle hunting. Not to be cool but because my ears always got cold. Excuse my ignorance but when I joined this forum in June '03 I had just started to 'surf the net'.

:ph34r:

When I joined in 04' the few names I wanted to use were all taken.

Funny thing is I have never seen any of those names posting on here.

I have had a lot of nicknames but the people that called me them are not internet users.

So I figured I'll just put my name.

I didn't know you could change your name until today readin this.

If I do I will become W8N4RUT.

Matches my license plate, and it sums me up I love being in the hills during the Sept elk rut and Dec/Jan deer rut every year.

It's when I take 90% of my vacation time every year for the past 20 yrs.

Dan Hoffman

I like the looks and balance of the Ruger #1 rifles. The earlier models all were stocked with

fancy walnut which you don't see in non custom firearms anymore. Personally I also think that the H&R or New England firearms Handy Rifles are one of the safest, and best buys for the money on the market. You can get a rifle in just about any caliber and a nice scope for less than 4 bills.

Back when we had lots of quail, early in the season I would only load one barrel in my side by side so that I would only have one shot and remember to aim. I relied on that second barrel so much I usually missed the first. Hence "Singleshot"

Sorry nothing exciting or unusual here....Last name is Cramer and I live to hunt hence the hunts.

My handle is the same one I used on other forums for years - originally the bowsite. At the time, single cam bows were really new and I had just bought one of the first Mathews bows. Just kept it 'cause it's easy to remember. :)

mine is kind of a long story. my first car was a 70 roadrunner that I bought when I was almost 14. had that car till 97 when our house burnt down. not long after that my identity was stolen along with my s.s.#. we have a common last name, Smith and were having all kinds of problems. well we thought of changing our last name, I thought of roadrunner, then runningbird, but S.S. would not let us change our last name so I decided to at least use it when I could.

mine is kind of a long story. my first car was a 70 roadrunner that I bought when I was almost 14. had that car till 97 when our house burnt down. not long after that my identity was stolen along with my s.s.#. we have a common last name, Smith and were having all kinds of problems. well we thought of changing our last name, I thought of roadrunner, then runningbird, but S.S. would not let us change our last name so I decided to at least use it when I could.

Sorry about the bad luck but a cool story

Mike

All right

I will give you guys and gals just one guess!

P.S. Pretty tough one there! Later Rich Thompson

Alright let's get started, I was blessed with salt and pepper hair at an early age ;) , One weekend around 8 of us (family and friends) took a road trip to sedona. It was a long drive so we started crackin jokes about one another. I decided to nickname my brother-in-law Bluebird because he had just started to drive a bus for our local school (no offence to any bus drivers out there)anyways he came back at me with Grey Hawk. You got it, Because of my "hair". So those few people on the trip and cousewhitetail.com know me by Grey Hawk ;) Great thread ;) Hunt Hard and stay safe..............

When I was younger, I hated my older brother calling me Matty. Led to many a fist fight. Then when I was about 20 I hung up my bullriding spurs & started roadracing motorcycles. All they guys I hung out with had a "y". Robby, Tommy, etc. They gave me one too & it stuck. 281 is my old racing number (and probably also pretty close to the number of crashes... :rolleyes: You don't know how fast you can go 'til you fall off!).

It's also my e-mail address & i.d. for almost everything online, which makes it easy to remember.

I picked the name a few years ago when I first started bow hunting. I was hopeful that someday I could shoot a bow as well as I did a rifle. I still have a ways to go. bowhunter4life is the real bowsniper, I saw him drop a ram dead at 85 yards!

Mark

My name comes from my quest for probably the only big game slam i'll ever get. I already have my coues, muley, whitetail and Columbian blacktail. Just need a Sitka blacktail to complete my "DEERSLAM".

deerslm002.jpg